RTX manual uninstall - pdf path doesn't exist anymore

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Vangelis

RTX manual uninstall - pdf path doesn't exist anymore

Postby Vangelis » Sat Sep 24, 2016 13:21

Hi, I have installed P9 today with no success. I tried to uninstall masscore from VS3 control panel and after that my pc won't load, showing the blue screen of RTX bla bla bla...
I tried to uninstal the RTX progs using add/remove (windows control panel) but no success there either...

There was a pdf somewhere on Merging's site reffering instructing how to manually uninstall RTX, but the path doesn't exist anymore.
If someone has this file I would be greatful if he/she sends it to me.
Or if someone knows of another way of bypassing the blue screen in order to re-instal P9, please tell.

Thanks in advance

Vangelis
Planet REC music productions.
Vangelis Spanakakis, producer - artist.

fl

Re: RTX manual uninstall - pdf path doesn't exist anymore

Postby fl » Sat Sep 24, 2016 14:20

You may need to contact Merging's support to obtain a copy of the MTCleanup utility for version 9, that will clean out absolutely everything related to Pyramix installed on your system, so that you can try again without any lingering files from previous installations gumming up the works.

Before you run the utility, you should create backup copies of all the settings, templates, presets, desktop layouts, workspaces, etc. that you, personally, have made, since these will all get erased as part of the process.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 5.1.5621 - Win7 Pro SP1 64
• HP 7100 Mini-tower - Win10 Pro 64 1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.13

Vangelis

Postby Vangelis » Sat Sep 24, 2016 14:49

Thanx for the quick reply.

I have a utility for uninstalling previous versions called: PmxCleanup_1.5.1

Is it an old version? Do I need a newer cleanup utility for Pyramix version 9 removal?

Thanx again,
Vangelis

Vangelis

Postby Vangelis » Sat Sep 24, 2016 14:51

If this cleaner is ok, then I still have a problem because it hasn't done anything.

I still get the blue RTX screenon startup. I AM STUCK!

fl

Postby fl » Sun Sep 25, 2016 13:45

Vangelis wrote:I have a utility for uninstalling previous versions called: PmxCleanup_1.5.1
Is it an old version? Do I need a newer cleanup utility for Pyramix version 9 removal?

Yes, I believe that there is a different cleanup utility for every Pyramix release. The one I have for Pyramix 9 is named "MT_Cleanup_9.0_x64", and I imagine that there's another for 32 bit systems. I would be very surprised if there is NOT one specifically for MassCore users.

In the "ReadME text file which accompanies my copy, it states:
We made this comment as long and annoying as possible, in order to really, really make the following point:
this tool is not needed at all, unless you know what you are doing or that something very unusual, strange, awkward, bad or silly has happen to your machine. So please use with care, only if you really need to. If you have doubts contact support@merging.com

It's possible that a partial or inappropriate un-install of Pyramix Mass Core could adversely affect your Windows installation, leading to blue screens. I'd say it's time to contact Merging Support directly. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 5.1.5621 - Win7 Pro SP1 64
• HP 7100 Mini-tower - Win10 Pro 64 1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.13