Error checking cds

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
AndyR

Error checking cds

Postby AndyR » Mon Jul 04, 2016 20:09

Hi all.

Does anyone else bother with error checking? I ask because my drive broke earlier today, went to buy a new one and none of the recommended "Sony AD-72xx" drives are available in the uk anywhere I can find.

Thought an asus Blu-Ray drive SHOULD have all the bells and whistles for something as lowly as CD-R, but apparently you can't do error checking with it. Opticdrive just throws up an error message.

How stupid.

Obviously, this has all happened precisely in the middle of running off a huge stack of master discs that were due to post tomorrow. :( :(

So - if anyone else DOES do error checking, could you recommend a drive that's actually available to buy?

So many thanks in advance.

Andy

DJS

Re: Error checking cds

Postby DJS » Mon Jul 04, 2016 22:59

No error checking here, I only export DDP Images now and upload these to the cloud for the manufacturer to download. Wonderful. It liberates one from the demise and uncertainty of the disastrous CD drive situation.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia

AndyR

Postby AndyR » Mon Jul 04, 2016 23:05

I don't have the luxury of being able to send DDP, as the factory can't process them ... for some reason. (?!)

Still stuck with physical masters - hence my question. Digital master would be nice though.

AndyR

Postby AndyR » Tue Jul 05, 2016 18:41

If anyone else has the same issue, there are quite a few of the AD-72xx series Sony drives on ebay, which allow error checking.
I've stocked up on 7280s - hopefully should last a while now.

If someone happens to be desperate for one send me a PM.