Aux bus to main out

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
DCLR-Records

Aux bus to main out

Postby DCLR-Records » Mon May 23, 2016 02:10

How to assign aux bus ( for reverb) to main out...
Sans la musique, la vie serait une erreur ! (Friedrich NIETZSCHE)
Paul Sissener Switzerland
www.dclr-records.ch

fl

Re: Aux bus to main out

Postby fl » Mon May 23, 2016 14:28

Which version of Pyramix?
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

fl

Postby fl » Mon May 23, 2016 16:09

I'll assume you mean version 10, as it's not immediately obvious (and the poor description in the Manual doesn't help much)...

You have probably installed the wrong kind of Bus. - that is to say, adding an "Aux. Bus" is wrong; adding an "Aux. Group" is correct.

An "Aux. Bus" cannot be routed to your Mix Bus, whereas an "Aux. Group" can. If you've already installed an "Aux. Bus" to your mixer, remove it and then:

1. Right click on your Mixer, and in the pop-up, select "Bus" > Add > General Mixing Bus, and in the pop-up, select "Aux. Group" and choose the "Channels Mapping" and number of channels (i.e., 2 if you're working in Stereo) appropriate for your Mix Bus, then click "Create".

Once created, the new Aux. Group will work in the same way as the "Legacy" SubGroup, so install your Reverb plug-in as you would before. Enable the sends in the Strips you wish to reverberate, and set the appropriate level, and you should be good to go.

Make sure that all Busses you are using in a project are either "Legacy" or "General Mixing Bus" - one or the other, but not both. Having both types in one project will cause problems.
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809

Jesse.Lewis

Postby Jesse.Lewis » Thu Jun 16, 2016 17:34

I wish we could do without the bus/group differentiation. Why not have an aux bus which can send to externals as well as internals?

Jesse

mpdonahue

Postby mpdonahue » Thu Jun 16, 2016 21:40

The easy way to think about is is that groups (Aux, Mix, etc...) are for routing internally and buses go to physical IO.
-mark
Mark Donahue
Soundmirror, Inc.
Boston, MA
mark@soundmirror.com
www.soundmirror.com

fl

Postby fl » Fri Jun 17, 2016 15:51

Jesse.Lewis wrote:I wish we could do without the bus/group differentiation. Why not have an aux bus which can send to externals as well as internals?

It probably has to do with the allocation of processing resources, given the complexity of the new multi-channel output capabilities. If an Aux. doesn't have to use up a routing channel or channels, then it's best not to use any.
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6