AES or SPDIF from Hapi with ADA8

The "Merging Cellar" is the place where you can share your tasting experiences and discuss everything from technique, artistic matters or even business practices, but not necessarily about Pyramix. Feel free to pick the brains of the talented Merging forum users. Enjoy.
Forum rules
The "Merging Cellar" is the place where you can share your tasting experiences and discuss everything from technique, artistic matters or even business practices, but not necessarily about Pyramix. Feel free to pick the brains of the talented Merging forum users. Enjoy.
JCDC

AES or SPDIF from Hapi with ADA8

Postby JCDC » Sat Apr 23, 2016 20:27

Hi!
I need to get a digital signal from HAPI, but it seems "impossible" with just the ADA8 card that I have right now.. I thought I was going to be able to route the digital L/R signal before the converters to AES or Spdif? There are some options in the setup pages, but I can't find a way to get this going. I really need a AES or Spdif to another computer to run Pinguin metering.

Appreciate any advice on this.

Best regards,
JC

mpdonahue

Re: AES or SPDIF from Hapi with ADA8

Postby mpdonahue » Sun Apr 24, 2016 15:14

It would be helpful to know what version you are using.....
Are you trying to get parallel outputs from Pyramix or route the signal from a HAPI analog input to a digital output?
Parallel outputs can be created by using the monitor panel or creating an additional Mix bus. This is where using a mix group instead of a mix bus is your friend. Do all that you would do in the mix bus in the group instead and then you can route that to multiple mix buses to get additional outputs.

If the later...
Hapi user manual page 46...
http://www.merging.com/uploads/assets/I ... _rev09.pdf

The AES and SPDIF outputs will not work in DSD/DXD.
All the best,
-mark
Mark Donahue
Soundmirror, Inc.
Boston, MA
mark@soundmirror.com
www.soundmirror.com

JCDC

Postby JCDC » Sun Apr 24, 2016 16:38

Hi Mark!

Thanks for your reply!

At the moment I only have the ADA8 card which is not supporting DSD or DXD anyhow, but with only this card will it be possible to route the signal (whatever sample rate in the project up to 192) to the spdif or AES slots at the back of the Hapi. I might go with DSD card later but even if the sample rate is far over 96/192 will it not be possible to send/route any signal to the spdif or AES slots? Or when are these used? Can´t find anything that I anyhow understand about this in the manual.
Will it never be possible to route any signal from the current project to these slots, whatever card etc you have in Hapi?

JCDC

Postby JCDC » Sun Apr 24, 2016 18:40

Hi Mark!

Upps, I only read your answer on the mail I received with your answer, so sorry. Here I could only see that the ports would not work in DSD and DXD.
I will read it in fully now, thanks!

Best regards,
JC