How to swap stereo strip channels with new PMX10 Panner

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
DJS

How to swap stereo strip channels with new PMX10 Panner

Postby DJS » Thu Apr 07, 2016 22:58

I must be missing something fundamental, but what is the easiest way to swap channels in a stereo strip with the new panner in PMX 10. I cannot figure it out.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia

fl

Re: How to swap stereo strip channels with new PMX10 Panner

Postby fl » Fri Apr 08, 2016 17:07

At the top of the Mixer Strip, click on where it says "Pan" in red, and in the pop-up which appears, select "Channel Router" from the two options there. Then click on the little pad just beneath where it now says "Router", and in that pop-up, adjust the destination and gain for each of the two channels.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

DJS

Postby DJS » Sat Apr 09, 2016 09:41

Many thanks Frank, for some reason I was clicking on the lower panning bus control strip and not the upper mix bus one.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia

fl

Postby fl » Sat Apr 09, 2016 14:43

You're welcome, David.

For the sake of completeness, I should also point out that this same "Pan"/"Router" choice exists when you have installed an Aux. Bus, with the only difference being that the words in each Strip's Aux. Send control appear in Green.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

per

Postby per » Wed Apr 13, 2016 09:22

Hello Guys.

You can also do this with the panner.

Right-clicking on the panner brings up the context menu. At the top you can chose panner type. Let's say we chose "Pan/Balance".
Now, Ctrl-click on the panner and your panning window will open. At the bottom of this window, there are a number of parameters you can change. Find "Dual Source Mode" and click on that until it shown "Dual Pan". Now you can pan the two channels individually.

Per
Sound Processing AB
Sweden