Clear Folder History of Render Dialog

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
zurek

Clear Folder History of Render Dialog

Postby zurek » Sat Mar 21, 2015 14:29

My folder history in the Render dialog becomes very long. How do I clear the folder history in the Render dialog, please?

phaseboy

Re: Clear Folder History of Render Dialog

Postby phaseboy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 21:52

That's not the history - that's every folder you currently have mounted. To make the list shorter you would need to unmount folders that are unused.

Best Regards,

Mark
Mark S. Willsher
http://www.pin3hot.com

fl

Postby fl » Sat Mar 21, 2015 22:04

From the looks of that image you are, or reNOVAtor is, creating a new folder for every render. A shortcoming of the Render window display is that the area showing all the destination choices isn't wide enough to display the complete path and file name, but if you hover your mouse cursor over one of the entries, a little "tool tip" type pop-up should appear, displaying the complete folder/file tree. If you do that on a couple of the entries, I'm pretty sure you'll see all the sub-folders where each of your renders got put.

You can also look in the parent folder through Windows. In this case it would be

E:/Gorlitz/OW/gorlitzOW_6den/pure/

Look in there, and you're bound to find all sorts of folders and subfolders containing your rendered files. If the file names themselves don't conflict, you can simply move them all into one central folder. Then, in Pyramix, go to the Media Manager and Unmount all the unneeded folders while keeping the one to which you moved all the files. The next Render you do should show fewer destination options, and at the same time allow you to clarify just exactly where you want the resulting file to end up.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

zurek

Postby zurek » Tue Mar 24, 2015 20:34

Oh, thank you very much for such a detailed answer. I was studying now the Pyramix manual to learn how to "go to the Media Manager and Unmount ..." but I was not successful. How do I access the Media Manager, please?

I can see "Media" entry in the top menu, but it does not seem to be the Media Manager. I am stuck there.

fl

Postby fl » Tue Mar 24, 2015 21:05

I'll assume that you're using Pyramix version 9. I'll also assume that you haven't done any customization to the way things are displayed when you open the program and a project. (Due to the high degree of customization that is available in the program, it's possible that no two users are looking at the same thing after they've applied their personal choices. I'm going to describe things as they are displayed when you first start using the program, and haven't personalized your layout.)

Look in the User Manual on Page 29, to learn about the Tabs. Once you learn about them, you'll see that there are several waiting for you near the bottom left of the main Timeline window. They may appear as little squares with no text in them, but run your mouse cursor over top, and you'll see the names - Overview, Tracks, Track Groups, etc. Closer to the right end of those, you'll find the Media Management Tab. Click on it, and it will open up from the bottom, displaying your mounted media folders on the left, and the contents of any selected folder on the right.

Click on one of the folders you wish to Unmount. It will be highlighted to show it is selected. Then go to the menu in the Tab window (not the one at the top of the Timeline window). The first menu entry, Media Folder, will have an entry below it to "Unmount" the selected folder. It won't be deleted, but it will no longer be included with those associated with the current project. Look on page 60 for more information.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

zurek

Postby zurek » Tue Mar 24, 2015 21:49

Fantastic advice. Thank you! Now, I cleared the mounted media folders and I am fine. Thank you again.