Album Publishing tags

Self-explained! ;-)
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Daniel Keinath

Album Publishing tags

Postby Daniel Keinath » Tue Mar 24, 2015 14:38

Hi,

Album publishing is a very handy tool. But I am surprised that the tag <TrackTitle> refers to CD text rather than using the regular CD Track name.
I often place CD markers just in order to create mp3 files via Album publishing (and no CD). So I would like to use the Track name box to enter the file names I want to use.
After the publishing process the file names are blank unless I have entered text into the CD text box before. This is quite annoying since things could be much more comfortable with a new tag called <TrackName>.
Some other tags wold be good to have, too (e.g. Disc Name)

Daniel
Daniel Keinath
Bauer Studios GmbH
Ludwigsburg, Germany

fl

Re: Album Publishing tags

Postby fl » Tue Mar 24, 2015 15:35

1. Enter all the General information pertaining to the whole Disc in the lower left area of the CD/SACD Tab: Disc Title, Performer, Composer, etc. Note that these fields are not the "Disc Title", "Label" and "Date" at the top of the list, but the "CD-Text" ones further down, which include Genre, Title (the full Disc's title), Performer, Song Writer, Composer and Arranger.

2. Select all the Tracks, the go to the Tab's CD-Text menu > Set All Track CD-Text from Disc Info.
    Alternatively, you could use any of the other Copy commands to selectively apply the Disc's General Performer, Song Writer, Composer and/or Arranger information to each selected Track.

3. If you need to, use the Track Name fields to modify the names of the Clips you used, changing them to the file names you want the Published files to have.

4. Go to the Tab's Markers menu > Validate name (This action will remove any "*"s lingering from the initial Clip insertion into the list).

5. Select all the Tracks, then go to the Tab's CD-Text menu > Set Track Title from Track Name.
    This last operation will insure that your published files will have the proper file names (provided that you have set up the proper file naming placeholders in the Publishing "Settings" of the "Generate CD/SACD" operation's window).

Seeing all this written out it looks like a lot of bother but in truth, once you're familiar you can get through all of it in a matter of seconds. If you like, once you've created your Published files, you can check the meta-data in an editor like MP3Tag.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

Graemme

Re: Album Publishing tags

Postby Graemme » Wed Mar 25, 2015 01:55

Well, that's a great answer to some other question...

I agree that we do need some separate fields for the "Album Publishing" feature. Currently the metadata for this feature is only derived from the CD-text and CD-track info. Many people want to use the EDL info instead but it will need some definition first:

Do you want to use the clip name or the media/file name for the <TrackName> field? What if you've grouped several clips together to make a 'Track'?

Graemme
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"