Avid Artist Transport

3rd Party controllers used with Merging products
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the bug reporting form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Larry Elliott

Avid Artist Transport

Postby Larry Elliott » Mon Jan 26, 2015 06:39

Has anyone tried this out?
Thanks
Larry

Classic

Re: Avid Artist Transport

Postby Classic » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:29

No, but I want to buy one.

Larry Elliott

Postby Larry Elliott » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:15

I have one on demo - but am having a few problems ;-(

Classic

Postby Classic » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:10

Explain, please.

Larry Elliott

Postby Larry Elliott » Sun Feb 01, 2015 00:01

With 64bit Win7 Masscore there are some tweaks that need to be done to the network settings. David at Merging has sent me the instructions, but I am still having a problem. If the Artist Transport is connected, Hapi is not seen by the computer. I'm sure that it will be sorted when Merging open on Monday. There are many folk using a similar configuration.

DJS

Postby DJS » Sat Feb 28, 2015 23:54

Hi Larry,

I know you have two network interfaces in your Merging PC. Why not set one up dedicated to Hapi and Ravenna and the other for your controller and general LAN duties. This works well here., and I have the same motherboard as you.

Regards
David
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia

henry Puizillout

Postby henry Puizillout » Mon May 04, 2015 23:02

I have one since few years, after somes settings all is fine. It's a very good controllers.

Horus, 9 1 6, win 7-64 bit

klaukholm

Postby klaukholm » Tue May 19, 2015 21:04

DJS wrote:Hi Larry,

I know you have two network interfaces in your Merging PC. Why not set one up dedicated to Hapi and Ravenna and the other for your controller and general LAN duties. This works well here., and I have the same motherboard as you.

Regards
David

We do that here. For those who have not done this yet, there are still a few steps necessary when you use one network card for Ravenna and one for Eucon.

We have two 5MC setups and besides the simple steps outlined by both Merging and Avid below, I also had to set fixed IP on both Eucon and Ravenna
(In my instance I use 10.0.0.2 for the eucon NIC on the DAW, and 10.0.0.3 for the 5MC )
(192.168.xxx.xxx range for Ravenna)

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_U ... connecting

Larry, is this how you have the Artist configured?
We have two laying around, but I must confess I only used them once and that was with Protools (anybody in need of a mix and an mc control...?)