Jbridge

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
ARS

Jbridge

Postby ARS » Tue Dec 02, 2014 18:47

Hello,

is anybody using Jbridge in Pyramix 9 64 bit succesfully ?
It works for me in other aplications, but Pyramix still does not show the 32bit vsts I bridged.

On another note, what is up with the recurring crashes on VST rescan ?

Graemme

Re: Jbridge

Postby Graemme » Wed Dec 03, 2014 05:01

Regarding the crashes, upgrade to 9.1.6
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"

ARS

Postby ARS » Wed Dec 03, 2014 09:41

I installed the latest
PyramixVirtualStudio_9.1.6_HotFix_Build25336_x64

What else can one do ?

I have an endless list of bugs in Pyramix, one of these days I will start posting/reporting them one by one.
I used to be betatester for Soundscape. That took us a few hours/year, as the beta releases were essentially bug-free.

That is why I am reluctant to do many bugreporting over here, it would take me easily hours / week.
I do not know if I have time or even want to start doing that.

But, can we agree, a new release should essentially be able to at least complete the installer ?
Also, in the v9 propaganda there is talk about Jbridge as a way to make 32bit vst work.

But it does NOT work !
Is there a secret handshake or ritual to do ?

ARS

Postby ARS » Wed Dec 03, 2014 16:10

Come on guys, the mention about jbridge is right here, top of p10

http://www.merging.com/uploads/assets/I ... _Notes.pdf

Did anybody test this ?
Seriously ?

ARS

Postby ARS » Wed Dec 03, 2014 16:48

Avast is blocking something, hence the crash on a full vst rescan.

Switching off avast solves the problem of the crashes.
Switching on avast and indicating the merging pyramix folder as an exception still gives the same problem.

Does anybody know where some more pyramix .exes or .dlls are hiding ?

Why does Avast all of a sudden think Pyramix is one big virus ? I never had trouble with V8...

fl

Postby fl » Wed Dec 03, 2014 19:30

I've discovered that some VST plugs give Pyramix fits - particularly those which perform realtime functions in the manner of a virtual instrument, like a few of the GVST plugs (GSynth 1, 2 and 3; GLFO). Scanning the Melodyne plugin will cause Pyramix to crash as well. The best I can suggest is to observe the splash screen during boot-up, to determine which VST plug is being loaded when the lock-up/crash occurs - then remove it from your scanned VST folder.

I've been running Microsoft Security Essentials as my Anti-virus (the price is right), in conjunction with Malwarebytes Pro Anti-malware (with real-time monitoring active), with nary a peep from Pyramix. However, it's doubtful that you and I are running the same collection of plugs, plus I'm still running Win7 as 32 bit.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

ARS

Postby ARS » Wed Dec 03, 2014 20:54

The vst plugins are surely not to blame. I have been using them for a long time, on multiple hosts.

The avast shield causing the crash has nothing to do with jbridge not functioning in Pyramix.
I should have split this over two threads.

ARS

Postby ARS » Wed Dec 03, 2014 21:43

I got a friendly mail by David Jacques of Merging, and he pointed me in the right direction.

It is this simple:

I did not realize I was supposed to put the 32 bit vst in the (64 bit) vst folder for Pyramix 9.
It was not entirely clear in the documentation that Pyramix would invoke jbridge automatically.

So I assumed I had to use jbridger to make the 64bit version myself - do not do this !
Just install jbridge and point Pyramix to the 32bit vst folder or put the 32bit vsts alongside the 64bit vsts in one folder.
Pyramix automatically recognizes the 32bit plugins now !

Maybe it could be clearer in the readme/manual ?

Graemme

Postby Graemme » Sat Dec 06, 2014 06:12

Merging are not too keen on the use of antivirus software while running Pyramix and mention it here on the forum and in various documents. My system (not just Pyramix but also Sequoia, Wavelab and PT) runs much better as a result of turning the AV software 'off' at least during DAW use.

ARS wrote:Avast is blocking something, hence the crash on a full vst rescan.

Switching off avast solves the problem of the crashes.
Switching on avast and indicating the merging pyramix folder as an exception still gives the same problem.

Does anybody know where some more pyramix .exes or .dlls are hiding ?

Why does Avast all of a sudden think Pyramix is one big virus ? I never had trouble with V8...
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"

MikeP

Postby MikeP » Sun Dec 07, 2014 15:59

I used Avast for several years and had to pull it out starting with V8.1.1. Avast trashed a couple of Dll's and wouldn't let PMX boot. This was an Avast update. Had to re-install PMX. I've moved over to Microsoft Security Essentials with minimal problems. I do have one inconsistent problem when opening a project as it will hang up / stop loading when it gets to the plugins. Once I force quit and restart, it loads.
Listen to the Music, Not the Technology