FW800 PCIe Card

Welcome to the VCube discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
soundtrack

FW800 PCIe Card

Postby soundtrack » Fri Jun 06, 2014 00:28

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum & have a question regarding PCIe cards in the Quintessence PCT-R4W7. I work in Post Production Audio and on our mix stage we use Vcube 3.1.10.16157 on Windows 7 Pro Service Pack 1. We use it exclusively for picture playback & generally get full hi-res QTs that take a long time to transfer on the built in FW 400 Bus on the front of the interface. We recently bought a SIIG PCIe 3 port FW 800 (model NN-FW0012-S1) card to help speed things up. When trying to connect bus-powered hard drives (the most common we get), it wouldn't mount and actually blew up those ports on the drives themselves. We've tried mounting through those same ports on a Mac (mostly what we use), and they are certainly dead. I've reached out to both SIIG & Merging & both have said to try it w/ the Y power cable that was included. I'm a little worried to try it & burn out another drive, so I'm asking if anyone else has any experience w/ this. Have you successfully installed a similar card? If so, what was the card? Any light shed is extremely helpful!

Craig

Link to SIIG Card: http://www.siig.com/it-products/firewire/firewire-800/pcie/dp-firewire-800-pcie.html

Goldie

Re: FW800 PCIe Card

Postby Goldie » Sun Nov 04, 2018 15:39

Hi. Do you happen to have an update on that one?
Thanks

event planning software : 3D floor plan software