OASIS eco Key (PSO-OAS-ECO)"unknow controller protocol"

3rd Party controllers used with Merging products
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the bug reporting form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Classic

OASIS eco Key (PSO-OAS-ECO)"unknow controller protocol"

Postby Classic » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:48

When I setting the Avid Artist MIX Pyramix shows "unknown controller protocol".

klaukholm

Re: OASIS eco Key (PSO-OAS-ECO)"unknow controller protocol"

Postby klaukholm » Fri Dec 13, 2013 20:02

Which eucon version are you on?
Which Pyramix version do you have installed?
Are you using a switch?

Have you updated the Euphonix to the latest firmware?

Have you made sure you installed the artist series eucon, not the 5MC eucon?

Classic

Postby Classic » Sat Dec 14, 2013 13:51

With the support of Merging I've resolved the problems. (regedit.exe and rename two files) but Aritist MIX still not works.
I think that Pyramix does not comunicate with Euphinix Artist Mix. Eucontrol sees Pyramix application but the "entire surface/transport" do not want to get checked. Pyramix does not show any information about Artist Mix. Artist Mix not display any information about tracks of Pyramix. I need the 32bit version of the Eucon drivers?, I've connected Aritst Mix to my daw with the stock crossover cable but still not works. Also with a standard patch cable. DHCP or static ip configuration. :(

- Eucon is Aritst MIX (black version)
- Pyramix is 8.1.11
- I've tried with the switch, or by reict connetcion to my DAW, but not works.
- Last firmaware upadade. 1.5
- Artist series drivers 2.6.2

iandobie

Postby iandobie » Thu Feb 13, 2014 01:59

Has anyone figured this out? I just bought an Artist mix to use with Pyramix 8 native. DOES NOT WORK. Please help, Merging.... I paid for the Key... it's on you to make the stuff work.

Classic

Postby Classic » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:20

Please first uninstall any Eucon software you have installed. After the uninstall process, check that you have no more Euphonix folders in C:/Program Files and in C: /Program Files(x86).
Please make sure you install the 64 bit version of Eucon 2.6.2, and make sure you use Pyramix 8.1.9, 8.1.10 or 8.1.11.
When you have installed the 64 bits version of Eucon, make sure that in c:/Program Files(x86)/Common Files/Merging Technologies/Controllers, the file version of MTOASISTransportEucon.dll is the same as your Pyramix version.
You can download the correct version here :
Pyramix 8.1.9 :
http://download.merging.com/beta/Suppor ... Con819.zip

Pyramix 8.1.10 or 8.1.11 :
http://download.merging.com/beta/Suppor ... on8110.zip

Reboot your computer
Make sure you see your Artist controller in EuControl.
Start Pyramix and go in Settings > Controller > Add / Driver : Oasis - Transport : EUCON.
If you still have the "Unknown Protocol" issue, please close pyramix.
Go in C:/Windows and launch Regedit.exe
In the left pane, browse to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE > Software > Merging Technologies > Pyramix > Controllers list > OASIS Transport list.
Select EUCON in the right panel and press F2 to rename it. Enter anything for the name, enter.
Then press F2 again and this time name it "EuCon". (For Windows registry EUCON and EuCon are the same value, that is why you cannot rename it directly to Eucon).
Now restart Pyramix, you should no longer have the unknown protocol error message.

a.stinson

Postby a.stinson » Mon Feb 17, 2014 04:28

Thanks for posting this detailed fix, much appreciated.

Somehow the links have been truncated, are you able to repost these?

fgoupil

Postby fgoupil » Fri Mar 21, 2014 03:46

Hi,

I tried the proposed solution (Eucon v.2.6.2/Registry edit) and I'm still getting the "Unknown Controller Protocol" message when trying to activate the control surface in Pyramix.

Has anyone made Pyramix 8.1.11 talk with the Eucon driver in Windows 7 64 bit? If so, what's the best method for installation? I running Pyramix on a 32 bit OS the only solution? That would be too bad since I was planning on using the software on a 13" Retina MacBook and installing a 32 bit OS on it is not longer supported...

Any help would really be appreciated!

Thanks!

François Goupil
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation

tim

Postby tim » Fri Apr 18, 2014 16:17

Hi Francois, I hope you are well. I just went through this with a few Win7x64 systems, the following from Merging support solves the issue. The main thing is that the registry file for 64bit systems is not the same as for 32bit, it is HKEY LOCAL MACHINE > Software > Wow6432Node > Merging Technologies.... not HKEY LOCAL MACHINE > Software > Merging Technologies >...

For 64 bit OS: Make sure that in c:/Program Files(x86)/Common Files/Merging Technologies/Controllers, the file version of MTOASISTransportEucon.dll is the same as your Pyramix version.

You can download the correct version here :
Pyramix 8.1.10 or 8.1.11 :
http://download.merging.com/beta/Suppor ... on8110.zip

Then, Reboot your computer
Make sure you see your Artist controller in EuControl.
Start Pyramix and go in Settings > Controller > Add / Driver : Oasis - Transport : EUCON.
If you still have the "Unknown Protocol" issue, please close pyramix.

Go in C:/Windows and launch Regedit.exe
In the left pane, browse to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE > Software > Wow6432Node > Merging Technologies > Pyramix > Controllers list > OASIS Transport list.
Select EUCON in the right panel and press F2 to rename it. Enter anything for the name, enter.
Then press F2 again and this time name it "EuCon". (For Windows registry EUCON and EuCon are the same value, that is why you cannot rename it directly to Eucon).
Now restart Pyramix, you should no longer have the unknown protocol error message.

With Pyramix 8.1.11, having both 64 & 32 bits Eucon version is not required anymore, only the 64 bits one has to be installed.
We still recommend to use Eucon 2.6.2. (avoid using 2.7.1)

For Pyramix 9, it will be Eucon 2.7.1 on 32 bits, and 3.1 on 64 bits OS.

If you still have any issues, please contact David Jacques at support@merging.com

Best wishes
Tim Martyn
Phoenix Audio
Glen Rock, NJ
www.phoenixaudiollc.com

fgoupil

Postby fgoupil » Sat Apr 19, 2014 05:01

Hello Tim!

Great to hear from you! Boy do I miss the Berkshires but at least things are going pretty well here in Montreal.

The solution you just posted works perfectly and I tried it just before the Pyramix 9 release since David sent it to me directly (I should have posted it here). I'm now running V9 and I was able to install the latest Eucon 64 bit drivers without problems. The combination of the Artist Mix, a laptop and an RME MADI FX (in a Thunderbolt box) makes a really nice kit to carry around!

Take care!

François