Another popular DAW

The "Merging Cellar" is the place where you can share your tasting experiences and discuss everything from technique, artistic matters or even business practices, but not necessarily about Pyramix. Feel free to pick the brains of the talented Merging forum users. Enjoy.
Forum rules
The "Merging Cellar" is the place where you can share your tasting experiences and discuss everything from technique, artistic matters or even business practices, but not necessarily about Pyramix. Feel free to pick the brains of the talented Merging forum users. Enjoy.
Paulo M

Re: Another popular DAW

Postby Paulo M » Sat Jan 05, 2013 00:42

Paulo. I think Merging Sheep are Orange.

Really? Hummm, yes, now that you´ve mentioned it, I recall it orange, yes... :) Interesting colour indeed... :)
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3
Intel Q9600/Gigabyte X48 DS5 Motherboard/ASUS 4350 Graphic card

Gaël Nicolas

Postby Gaël Nicolas » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:22

Hahahaha,

I really feel like an Orange sheep!

But i had to confess the hudge power of PT in processing sounds (audiosuite)! i have to say that i'm shot of words with the render "rack" module...we had to move quick.
Gaël Nicolas
33 Bis Rue du Chateau Landon
75010 PARIS
06 60 28 83 79

Win7 pro/Pyramix V8/ Masscore/Intel X5672 3.2ghz/HP-Z800

Paulo M

Postby Paulo M » Tue Feb 12, 2013 01:36

But i had to confess the hudge power of PT in processing sounds (audiosuite)! i have to say that i'm shot of words with the render "rack" module...we had to move quick.

Actually the render rack in Pyramix is a much more powerful tool than the Audiosuite processes in PT.Basically for the fact that it can process more than one fx module at a time. In fact several more and with more options than in PT...

The problem in Pyramix is that strong features don´t pop easily to mind due to a poor interface design.

An example between PT and Pyramix regarding render of plugin modules:

PT- You select a region or regions, click Audiosuite, choose the plugin, tweak the parameters while Previewing and when satisfied, you click Process and the regions become rendered in the timeline.

Pyramix. You select a clip or clips, click Render, choose render rack, choose the plugin and tweak the parameters while auditioning. When you´re done, click Process.

What is the diference? None, apparently. Same number of clicks, same result. Is just the interface or the way the user interacts with the processes.

But there are huge diferences: in Pyramix you can choose to render the clips(regions in pt) as separate files, choose the destination folder, the format and render up to eight plugins in sequence and even being able to save the preset of the combination. Where is that in PT?

So and to finish, Pyramix processes are powerfull but bad designed in the way the user interacts with the operations. Simple :)
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3

Gaël Nicolas

Postby Gaël Nicolas » Sun Feb 17, 2013 22:50

Nice demonstration, may be you are more Orange than me :D

Anyway, i still think that merging could do better. The ability of processing more than a stereo file is a priority for me. A two click operation for doing a simple operation (ex: EQ, pitch) on a clip, right click with a selection , chosse a plug et OK.

Et hop!
Gaël Nicolas
33 Bis Rue du Chateau Landon
75010 PARIS
06 60 28 83 79

Win7 pro/Pyramix V8/ Masscore/Intel X5672 3.2ghz/HP-Z800

Paulo M

Postby Paulo M » Mon Feb 18, 2013 00:21

Anyway, i still think that merging could do better. The ability of processing more than a stereo file is a priority for me. A two click operation for doing a simple operation (ex: EQ, pitch) on a clip, right click with a selection , chosse a plug et OK.

1-Select Clips
2-Right click and choose Render Processes
3-The Render rack within a contextual menu that also offers Sampling rate converter and destination folder opens, you choose the plugins and settings and click Process.

For extra convenience, you can save the plugin order and settings for future usage. The same saved file can be recalled not only for subsequent rendering processes but also to define the order and settings of a given group of plugins on a channel strip. And vice versa. A given combination of plugins and associated settings inserted in a channel strip, can be recalled for a render process.

Welcome to Pyramix 9....or maybe not :D

PS-Hop hop, yes, I´m a bit orange, but nobody gives a sh....about my ideas.
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3

Dominique Brulhart

Postby Dominique Brulhart » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:07

Hi Paulo/all,

We're carefully listening, don't worry... it's just that there are many other priorities.

We're perfectly aware that the Render FX Rack has to be improved, or even better solutions to be provided.

This is one of our next top priorities.

Cheers,

Dom