return to zero command

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
aomahana

return to zero command

Postby aomahana » Wed Apr 13, 2011 21:22

Hello there,

What is the command for "return to zero".

And why isn't this included in the transport control?
Or am I missing something?

Bye now,
aomahana.

charlienyc

Re: return to zero command

Postby charlienyc » Wed Apr 13, 2011 22:01

hi,
you can just use the goto timecode command (default shortcut is numpad 3) and type in all zeros. you may be able to create a macro to do this also.
cheers,
-charlie
MassCore v14.0.5 Win10/64 i9-10900 & i9-11900K, Avid S3
3x Horus = 80 In/24 Out @PCM
Native V14 Win10/64 i7-12700K miniDSP UDIO-8, Avid S1 & nob controller
Native V14 Win10/64 ThinkPad P51 i7-7700HQ w/Hapi

bemi

Postby bemi » Thu Apr 14, 2011 18:24

set "zero" with numpad 7 (default is 1:00:00), jump there with numpad 4 ;)
Best Regards, Michael "bemi" Bernhard, BEMI Tontechnik GbR - PMX 12, Masscore, HAPI

Perfect Record

Postby Perfect Record » Thu Apr 14, 2011 19:14

... or leave the in point at your zero and hit numpad 4. I use an 8 button mouse, and have the button behind the scroll wheel set to zoom to 30 seconds around the in gate. This comes in handy when I need to drop a marker, then get close to fine tune it. Use it every day adjusting CD start and end marks where there is continuous ambience between tracks.

But like a lot of things in Pyramix, there are 1000 options for everything, but many basic commands missing.

aomahana

Postby aomahana » Fri Apr 15, 2011 22:47

Thanks for your responses.

I had tried some of the ideas mentioned, but wondered if I might have been missing a simple command, even though nothing appears to be mentioned in the Manual.

I would like to present the idea of a Return To Zero button included in the Transport Control to the PMX Suggestions.

However, before doing this, I will wait about a week to see if anybody has any reasons why this wouldn't be a good idea.
I have always been reluctant to add anything to the Suggestions Column, because in my opinion, PMX needs simplifying not made any more difficult or obtuse than it already is.
To my mind a simple Return To Zero is a basic requirement.

So, any comments ....

Bye for now,
aomahana.
www.audioarts.co.nz

Perfect Record

Postby Perfect Record » Sat Apr 16, 2011 04:42

aomahana wrote:I have always been reluctant to add anything to the Suggestions Column, because in my opinion, PMX needs simplifying not made any more difficult or obtuse than it already is.
aomahana.
http://www.audioarts.co.nz

There are some commands that simplify, so don't be shy about adding this one.

There are however some commands lurking in Pyramix that I'm still finding after nearly 3 years.

Another simple command that's missing is select all in the active group. Yes, I know there are 3 step ways to do this but......

Professor

Postby Professor » Sat Apr 16, 2011 21:57

I think you can make one button macros for "return to zero" - select all>go to the head of selection>deselect all - and even add "play" to the end, you will have "return to zero and play"
Andrey Subbotin

phixl

Postby phixl » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:21

charlienyc wrote:hi,
you can just use the goto timecode command (default shortcut is numpad 3) and type in all zeros. you may be able to create a macro to do this also.
cheers,
-charlie

I just bought V7 and the goto TC function still doesn't seem to work for me - it's just as it was on v6 - it doesn't let me type numbers into the field it just gives that annoying 'windows beep' sound. The up and down arrows work. Is there something obvious I'm missing??!

Thanks very much
Phil
Sadie v6, Pyramix V6.2, Pro Tools V9, Pro Tools HD TDM V8, Macbook Pro 17"

a.stinson

Postby a.stinson » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:32

phixl wrote:
charlienyc wrote:hi,
cheers,
-charlie

I just bought V7 and the goto TC function still doesn't seem to work for me - it's just as it was on v6 - it doesn't let me type numbers into the field it just gives that annoying 'windows beep' sound. The up and down arrows work. Is there something obvious I'm missing??!

Thanks very much
Phil

hi phil,

if you are using the numpad on your keyboard - is 'num lock' on?

a.

allemano bernard@neuf.fr

Postby allemano bernard@neuf.fr » Tue Mar 27, 2012 13:25

However, before doing this, I will wait about a week to see if anybody has any reasons why this wouldn't be a good idea.
I have always been reluctant to add anything to the Suggestions Column, because in my opinion, PMX needs simplifying not made any more difficult or obtuse than it already is.

Hi,
the reason is : there is no real Zero, I explain, in quasi all DAWs, you cannot begin before zero (midnigth).
In Pyramix zero have no sense, you can begin where and when you whant (before or after zero) the only thing to do is positionning the MARK in where you want and of course the MARK out,
and press the 4 key to goto MARK in, and 5 for goto MARK out. :D

Best regards,

Dom bernardo de Lavalla
I.F.D.U.P.

International Federation of Defenders and Users of Pyramix :lol:
pyramix 10 Native; windows 10 64 Bits; Asrock Z 270 PRO 4; intel core i7 7700 4.20 GHz; 16G DDR4;
1 SSD M2 Nvme for system; 1 SSD M2 Nvme for medias; 1 WD Caviar Black 1T. for backups.

aomahana

Postby aomahana » Fri Aug 31, 2018 21:50

Hello.

I made a Macro for "cursor to start of selection" which effectively gave me a return to zero.
But this requires first selecting the track, and if there are edits, selecting close to the beginning.

Recently Domenic Savol has uploaded some YouTube videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqkIf0dWGK0

And amongst the other information in the video, lo and behold , pressing the "HOME" key returns the cursor to zero.
As far as I can tell, there is no mention of this in the user manual. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you Domenic.
Such a simple but useful command.
And it has taken me years to discover it.

All the best,
aomahana.