SSl Nucleus

3rd Party controllers used with Merging products
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the bug reporting form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
studiorecording

SSl Nucleus

Postby studiorecording » Sat Jan 15, 2011 06:12

Will the SSL Nucleus control Pyramix?
Does it work under EMC or something else.

Thank you.

phaseboy

Re: SSl Nucleus

Postby phaseboy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 20:24

Yes it works fine with Pyramix - under EMC.

M
Mark S. Willsher
http://www.pin3hot.com

Paulo M

Postby Paulo M » Sat Feb 12, 2011 01:50

Yes it works fine with Pyramix - under EMC

And then under SSL Hui probably, as when Pyramix is controlled from an SSL console that allows DAW control. The degree of control is not (I guess) as great as when controlling PT or Logic, this last one featured in most Nucleus promo videos. All in all, I think is a well laid out product, my main criticism is for the lack of talkback, it wouldn´t be dificult to implement without increasing final cost.
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3
Intel Q9600/Gigabyte X48 DS5 Motherboard/ASUS 4350 Graphic card

phaseboy

Postby phaseboy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 22:49

Yep - SSL HUI.

It seems like an ok product to me. I was unimpressed that the brand new demo unit already had one fader broken. It seems like a decent product, but the construction is pretty cheap - definitely needs to be treated with care.

Only weird thing I noticed in operation is that it was appending an *R* to the end of all the track displays regardless of what mode tracks were in. So if I had say DPA 4006 L and DPA 4006 R - what I would see is something like DPA 400R DPA 400R because of the number of display characters.

M
Mark S. Willsher
http://www.pin3hot.com

Paulo M

Postby Paulo M » Sun Feb 13, 2011 13:58

It seems like a decent product, but the construction is pretty cheap

From what I was told, they (SSL) are reviewing some details on the internal chassis, the packaging has been addressed and as far as I know, shipments were suspended until all issues are dealt with:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-prod ... ed-24.html

I was actually considering it to control Pyramix and Cubase DAWs on a small music recording studio at where I work, but now I have some doubts. For music recording and mixing(low budget) I don´t think there is a big choice out there, the ones that come to mind are the Euphonix artist series, but they also look like toys (and now belong to... you know who) so... The Nucleus for it´s specs is great, shame about the construction though.
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3
Intel Q9600/Gigabyte X48 DS5 Motherboard/ASUS 4350 Graphic card