Edit Bay Channel Select

Ramses MSC and Isis discussion forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the bug reporting form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
J.Wajer

Edit Bay Channel Select

Postby J.Wajer » Tue Jan 13, 2009 15:40

Please make the Channel Names on the Edit Bay reflect the channels on the Ramses and the channel on the PMX. On the Edit Bay Stereo channel are labelled incorrectly. i.e. A stereo Channel (Name) corresponds to one fader on the Ramses, but to two channels on the Edit Bay!
...Gracefully Ignored...

Masato.Y

Re: Edit Bay Channel Select

Postby Masato.Y » Wed Jan 14, 2009 05:28

I agree :D

When I select a channel from the Edit Bay selected channel on the PMX is same channel number on the Edit Bay,but the name of strip as same number as on the Edit Bay is indicated on the Edit Bay.

On the other hand it is useful that I can select the channel on PMX by touching the Ramses's fader.

Best,

Masato.Y

J.Wajer

Postby J.Wajer » Thu May 14, 2009 10:27

Any word on this???
...Gracefully Ignored...

maurice

Postby maurice » Sun Jul 12, 2009 23:02

Hello,

You have a few possibilities to be aware of; though be aware that some changes have been added in coming version 6.1 towards the naming of a strip and an edit track (from whatever side you take it the names should be consistent in 6.1)

With the edit bay the 8 most right faders are looked to the Ramses fader navigation. In that case you wouldn't be able to see all the edit track if you may have several edit tracks routed to the same mixer strip. But this is a quick way to navigate and moving from editing to mixing and return.

The other possibility is to press "lock bank" on the edit bay. With this function (on/off) you may unlock the navigation with the Ramses (faders), meaning the independently from the bank >< on the edit bay or with the trck-sel button, you may then use the jog wheel to scroll through all available edit tracks.

Hope this helps

Maurice

Masato.Y

Postby Masato.Y » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:23

Hello,

Exactly,the edit bay shows the 8 most right faders of the Ramses. But I can not edit the track on that strip because the track I can access from the edit bay is another track from the edit bay shows.
If the most right fader of the ramses shows strip no.8 on edit track no.10,the most right track of the edit bay shows track no.8 and I can access edit track no.8,not no.10. Consequently, the edit bay shows incorrect strip or track.

Best

Masato.Y

J.Wajer

Postby J.Wajer » Sun Jul 19, 2009 19:53

J.Wajer wrote:On the Edit Bay Stereo channels are labelled incorrectly. i.e. A stereo Channel (Name) corresponds to one fader on the Ramses, but to two channels on the Edit Bay!

Maurice, you didn't get my point :)
...Gracefully Ignored...

J.Wajer

Postby J.Wajer » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:22

J.Wajer wrote:
J.Wajer wrote:On the Edit Bay Stereo channels are labelled incorrectly. i.e. A stereo Channel (Name) corresponds to one fader on the Ramses, but to two channels on the Edit Bay!

Maurice, you didn't get my point :)

Dudes! The Track Labeling on the Edit Bay is wrong. Correct this! It has been 9 months now... Djeeez!
...Gracefully Ignored...