Vcube software

Welcome to the VCube discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Paulo M

Vcube software

Postby Paulo M » Wed Apr 23, 2008 18:01

Hi Laurent,
I heard that a software only option for Vcube is available now.Is that correct?

If so, would it run ok on a dual core duo with a dedicated hard drive and a Matrox Parhelia APVe? I would like to install it on the same PC where I have Pyramix V6 Masscore installed.

What are the codec options available? My priorities are MPEG 1,AVI and Quicktime.Are this included in the package? Thanks and regards,

Paulo

Laurent Sevestre

Postby Laurent Sevestre » Wed Apr 23, 2008 18:32

Hello Paulo,

The VCube (2.0) SE package can be installed into a Pyramix 6 system.
If you must deal with MPEG1 files, you need the MPEG2 option. All other file formats are included in the VCube SE package.

Regards,

Laurent

Paulo M

Postby Paulo M » Wed Apr 23, 2008 19:17

Thanks Laurent.
Just to confirm something, this is really just a software package, I do not need to buy any card like the AJA or similar, just use my Parhelia APVe, right? If so, is it possible to capture files through firewire as I currently do with Pyramix V6 and DS capture mode, into the Vcube app? Thanks,

Paulo

Laurent Sevestre

Postby Laurent Sevestre » Wed Apr 23, 2008 20:25

The SE package includes a Video card - SD or HD - to capture video using BNC connectors that allow both analog and digital transfer. The VCube software doesn't manage the FireWire transfer. Note also that the firewire transfer protocol never garanty a frame accurate translation. Only video cards feturing a reference input can do the job. That's why Merging has chosen video cards with brodcast spefifications.

Laurent

Paulo M

Postby Paulo M » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:40

Ah Ok, thanks for the explanation.Just one more question.Is this card you mention a PCI or PCIe card? In the case of being the later it´s a 4, 8 or 16x card? Thanks a lot for your time,

Paulo

Laurent Sevestre

Postby Laurent Sevestre » Mon Apr 28, 2008 09:42

VCube SE is provided with a PCIe Xena video card that requires x4 PCIe bus.

Laurent

Paulo M

Postby Paulo M » Mon Apr 28, 2008 19:15

Thanks a lot for the explanation Laurent. It´s pretty clear now.Regards,

Paulo M

alphie
Site Admin

Re: Vcube software

Postby alphie » Mon Oct 12, 2009 18:19

Just to update everyone on this VCube version inquiry, VCube now comes in three different "software only" versions.

VCube SE - Including all rendering, wrapping and recording functions of a VCube turnkey system with the choise of either an AJA Xena LSe (standard definition), LHe (high definition) or 2Ke (high definition dual SDI input and output connectors) which has everything a turnkey system has exept our Merging pc chassis. (The AJA LHi with 3Gb HDMI interface connectors is currently under developement for use with VCube as of October 2009.)
VCube XE - Including all rendering and wrappping functions but no video board where video processing functions are needed but no I/O interface to external video gear.
VCube LE - Including only playback fuctions for an affordable video player solution where no video processing is needed.