Background Recorder Mixer Set-up

Self-explained! ;-)
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
fl

Background Recorder Mixer Set-up

Postby fl » Fri Aug 23, 2013 23:24

It would be nice if there was an quicker way to access the Mixer, and therefore the track count, for the Backup Recorder(s). Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the only way to see it is to open the Transport Window, and then click on the Mixer icon there. Is there a more direct way to call it?

Also, it would be nice if there was a way to quickly have the Background Mixer adopt the configuration of the Main Mixer - in much the same way that a Shared Mixer can be transplanted from one session to another - just one click, and your mixers are now congruent.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

DJS

Re: Background Recorder Mixer Set-up

Postby DJS » Sun Feb 09, 2014 00:17

Yes, agree 100%. We also need the pre-record buffer available to the Internal recorder. Why isn't the internal recorder equipped with all the same features as the background recorder, surely it is now just a special case of a background recorder. There needs to be a one click "Inherit Mixer Settings" from the Internal recorder to all the background recorders.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia