Automatic Take Naming/Numbering

Self-explained! ;-)
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
fl

Automatic Take Naming/Numbering

Postby fl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 00:42

When tracking, I often use the auto-incrementing Take numbering function, but now that I'm more likely to be providing takes for review in the form of Published Files, having the Take Number at the End of the file name is not convenient.

Is there any way that the actual three digit number could be set to appear at the Beginning of the newly created File's name?

So instead of

Filename 001.pmf,

we'd get

001 Filename.pmf

This would be much more convenient when ordering collections of files in folders for distribution.

At least can we have the option of choosing where the number appears?
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

Bernhard Guettler

Re: Automatic Take Naming/Numbering

Postby Bernhard Guettler » Tue Nov 20, 2012 22:25

It would be a useful addition indeed. Also for spotting takes in the timeline and fade editor by the clip text, it is easier to spot the number if it is at the beginning of the clip text.

DJS

Re: Automatic Take Naming/Numbering

Postby DJS » Wed Feb 13, 2019 08:34

In the clip rename feature, is there any way to stop the auto number increment across tracks within a clip. This makes the renumber function useless. I cannot renumber clips sequentially if they are multichannel clips.

An old complaint I see.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4503&p=15938&hilit=auto+number#p15938

Workaround.
Only select the top track in each clip. Left click and hold outside to the left of the clip set, shift, mouse slide right to select all top tracks of clips, then select clip rename, auto-number, then CDMarkGroups and all the marker names are correct. Unfortunately it is numeric renumbering, ie not left padded with zeroes like auto take numbering. Please left pad with zeroes if start number is '01' or '001'.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia