Album Publishing formats

Self-explained! ;-)
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Album Publishing formats

Postby NClark » Sun Jun 05, 2011 14:34

I really like the Album publishing feature in V7. Is it possible to add MP3 or other codecs to the list. (I currently only see wave, aiff and flac). As all of our album publishing requirements these days involve MP3, we are using a 3rd party software to do all of the tagging requierments ( including ISRC), is it possible to have this feature included in PMX, as the info is already entered into the CDPQ editor area. I also noticed that the MP3 tag editor included with PMX still does not provide for ISRC entry.

I have recently upgraded my PMX Systems with new hardware(motherboards and CPU, PSU and drives) and the step up to Masscore and V7 software.
It's brilliant, I should have done it earlier. :D it wasnt as hard as I thought it might be.
Neville Clark
Disk-Edits Pty Ltd

Pyramix V7 SP3
Mykerinos MB5 and Masscore
Windows 7Pro
Asus P6X58D, Intel i7-950, Asus 5450Video
NClark

Re: Album Publishing formats

Postby Graemme » Mon Jun 06, 2011 05:34

AAC is on it's way. So far, Merging have not been persuaded to include MP3 support. I agree with you that the Mp3 tag editor needs to support ISRC entry.

Graemme
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"
Graemme

Re: Album Publishing formats

Postby avi » Thu Jun 09, 2011 08:39

+1 (again) for full MP3 support.
Regardless of what one might think of the format, it's a very useful tool, and one which we are expected to use daily, be it for preparing downloads for sale or for quickly emailing / uploading edit versions for checking etc.. It's a real drag having to export either WAV files to an external encoder (if you run an earlier version of PMX and don't like the encoding so much) or export the rendered mp3 files into another application for tagging etc.. I still find it difficult to comprehend why MP3, a widely used format all over the world for some time now, hasn't made it into PMX in a much more integrated and stable form...
Alexander Van Ingen
Six Music Productions
www.sixmp.co.uk
avi

Return to Pyramix Suggestions