Render without clip gain or envelope

Self-explained! ;-)
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Filmsat59

Render without clip gain or envelope

Postby Filmsat59 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 17:28

Hi,

Suggestion for an option when rendering clips to not include any gain or envelope adjustments in the rendered clip.

Application - when using the pencil tool or other plugins (particularly on dialogue sections), the gain and envelope of rendered clips is always set to zero, and the gain/envelope values applied during the render, which means they cant be easily altered after rendering.
more importantly though, if the tracks are exported (pyramix tracklay going to protools mix for example), any resulting level adjustments derived from the gain or envelope behave wildly as they cross very short pencil or render sections.
It would help if the render happened without gain or envelope being "recorded" on the new clip, and the existing gain or envelope remained on the new clip as it did before the render.

thanks

graham
Filmsat59.com
Pre and Post production Services
Bristol
UK

Andy

Re: Render without clip gain or envelope

Postby Andy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 23:23

Just done a project that was finished on a protools and ended up having to mixdown each track in Pyramix in order to retain all my volume/envelope and eq info because the whole export import interchange is not happening. I might be wrong but don't you get the option not to apply volume and envelope info on export to protools or is it just on import. Don't want to blame Merging but if only there was a reliable interchange between protools I could carry on working with Pyramix.
Andy Walker
Crossfade Ltd

Graemme

Re: Render without clip gain or envelope

Postby Graemme » Wed Sep 15, 2010 23:53

I think that it's a moving target for Merging...Digi always seem to be tinkering with AAF, as well as making statements about 'extending the MXF spec' to suit them. Interchange (that works) isn't in Digi's interest...

Andy wrote:Just done a project that was finished on a protools and ended up having to mixdown each track in Pyramix in order to retain all my volume/envelope and eq info because the whole export import interchange is not happening. I might be wrong but don't you get the option not to apply volume and envelope info on export to protools or is it just on import. Don't want to blame Merging but if only there was a reliable interchange between protools I could carry on working with Pyramix.
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"