Automation Tracks

Self-explained! ;-)
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Nikolai

Automation Tracks

Postby Nikolai » Sun Feb 14, 2010 15:41

Need a faster way to add automation tracks. (Tracks with automation envelope)
Should just be a drop down arrow on each track, no need for virtual tracks and setting it all up.
Just a button on each track > add > select parameter and a new track pops up, and it should stick to the audio track.
(Look at any other audio software like nuendo, pro tools, reaper etc takes 10th the time to set up)

avi

Re: Automation Tracks

Postby avi » Tue Feb 16, 2010 22:20

If you right click on the "A" on the track header (I think), you should get a drop down list of the parameters available for automation; just select the one you want to display over the audio, you don't need a virtual track.
Alexander Van Ingen
Six Music Productions
www.sixmp.co.uk

Nikolai

Postby Nikolai » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:53

Yes, I know, but that makes it fiddely to automate Volume, pan and some eq on a single track. And if you want to edit the audio you have to switch it off the automation view .
You have to switch all the time... Would it not be better to be able to see them at the same time? like both EQ gain and EQ freq?

J.Wajer

Postby J.Wajer » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:16

Suppose they might take a look at the way it is implemented in *brhmhm* Protools/Cubase/Logic/Performer/Sequoia *caugh*. A MaskMode would be ideal. No more Virtual Tracks
...Gracefully Ignored...

Nikolai

Postby Nikolai » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:39

Yes I think there is nothing wrong with looking at the competition and say, "what do they do better".. and then borrow some ideas.
I Like pyramix, but when you show it to new users (coming from other systems) these are the kind of things that makes them roll their eyes.. and then they forget about all the other cool features pyramix offers.