"S" monitoring in Monitor window?

Self-explained! ;-)
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Graemme

Re: "S" monitoring in Monitor window?

Postby Graemme » Fri Nov 19, 2010 00:35

Hi Johan,

No, we have L+R (M) in the monitor window and what is additionally needed is L-R (S). 'Twould be nice if the M/S monitoring had it's own tab and keyboard shortcuts to switch the monitoring between L/R and either M or S...

A workaround for now would be using an Aux bus with an M/S Encoder inserted in it 's output. Set the plug-in to output 'S' only and switch the monitor bus to listen to either this 'S' only Aux bus or the main out (or whatever else you want to monitor).

Best Regards,

Graemme

Johan_Wadsten wrote:Hi guys

back to the initial question of being able to do an L-R Mono sum. It is currently possible in Pyramix's monitor section.

in the monitor main window, it is possible to reverse polarity of any of the speaker outputs by choosing "phase" below the speaker buttons and then selecting the speaker who's polarity you would like to reverse. then once it is reversed, make the mono choice in Downmix.

does this solve the issue at hand?

as for creating a plugin section to the monitoring, it is an interesting idea.
cheers
Johan
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"

Johan_Wadsten

Postby Johan_Wadsten » Sat Jan 22, 2011 18:28

Hi Greamme,

By using the buttons in the main area of the MONITOR page which can be set to mute/solo/or reverse the phase of any leg feeding the monitor section, you can achieve what you need.

So, if you were to reverse the phase of the R leg in the monitor section using this control, then switch to a mono sum, you would be achieving a L-R

[in reality a L+(-R) .. but the same thing]

I know it is two clicks instead of one, but it gets you there.

hope that helps
Johan

Graemme

Postby Graemme » Sun Jan 23, 2011 09:35

Hi Johan,

Thanks for that, but it's too many clicks...and I really would prefer key shortcuts to do this sort of thing.

Best,

Graemme
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"

gabriel

Postby gabriel » Sun Jan 23, 2011 15:07

If you use a TC electronic BMC-2 for monitoring, it is already there. And more. DAC sounds also very good at a very reasonable price :D

Gabriel

Johan_Wadsten

Postby Johan_Wadsten » Sun Feb 20, 2011 02:03

Hi Graemme,

Defo know what you mean about the clicks. Just wanted to make sure I was absolutely clear on what was being described.

cheers
J