Simplify Aux/Mix Bus/Groups, create tracks from mixer strips

Self-explained! ;-)
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
scottdupre

Simplify Aux/Mix Bus/Groups, create tracks from mixer strips

Postby scottdupre » Fri Jan 19, 2018 17:23

I am Live mixing from Pyramix and am finding it very difficult and complicated to record setup the mixer in a usable manner.

1) It seems the Aux/Mix Groups/Busses could be greatly simplifies to a single Aux Bus that can be routed to outputs/internal busses, in addition to sending to additional aux busses and routing to master busses. I can't see any added advantage to the current implementation. If there is, please enlighten me.

2) In live mixing, I need to place strips in order of necessity, but aux busses/groups can not be moved from the right hand side. In addition, I would like to record the automation data for the strips as I mix. As a workaround, I am creating lots of return channels which is cumbersome. I would like to be able to right click on a mixer bus/group strip (or VCA) and choose "create edit track," directly linking a track to the strip for automation recording/editing.
Scott Dupre
ManAlive Studios

Merging Masscore Turnkey, Windows 10, Pyramix 11.0.5
Mac OSX 10.13, Pro Tools HDX 12.8
Horus x2 (40x40 i/o, PT64)
Avid S3 Controller