The Spam Tsunami

Self-explained! ;-)
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
fl

The Spam Tsunami

Postby fl » Thu Apr 06, 2017 16:31

In the past few weeks, the amount of Spam making its way into our forum has increased significantly.

Is there anything that can be done to either filter these messages, or perhaps to tighten the enrollment/posting requirements for new applicants?
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

Nicolas Cavin
Site Admin

Re: The Spam Tsunami

Postby Nicolas Cavin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:37

Hello Frank,

Yes there has been a recrudescence of spam, I'll look into strengthening the registration process and might need additional help for moderation. If you or another regular forum poster would like to have forum moderation rights, let me know.

Bye,

Nicolas Cavin.