CD/SACD image output - data only option

Self-explained! ;-)
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
StephenMarsh

CD/SACD image output - data only option

Postby StephenMarsh » Fri Jul 29, 2016 21:45

If I print a disc image and then need to update the meta-data ONLY - I'd love to be able to output to the original image folder and have the option to just re-output the data and leave the audio intact.

I'm not sure if it's even possible - I don't know how the pyramix disc images are stored but if it is, I'd sure like the option.

You could trick sonic into doing it because it both output the DDP directly from the EDL AND it printed the data files before the image.DAT file. You could move your good image.DAT file to a new folder, start a new DDP output, then cancel it after a few seconds and you'd have the fresh data fileset which you could add your image.DAT file back to and boom - good DDP.

Discwrite does not seem to work that way so that workaround is not available.

charlienyc

Re: CD/SACD image output - data only option

Postby charlienyc » Fri Jul 29, 2016 23:21

+1
It's nice to be able to go in and edit the CD text information in DiscWrite. However, this only works on PMI files, not MTFF.
MassCore v14.0.5 Win10/64 i9-10900 & i9-11900K, Avid S3
3x Horus = 80 In/24 Out @PCM
Native V14 Win10/64 i7-12700K miniDSP UDIO-8, Avid S1 & nob controller
Native V14 Win10/64 ThinkPad P51 i7-7700HQ w/Hapi

DJS

Postby DJS » Mon Aug 15, 2016 22:54

Can we also have an option to NOT create the MTFF, just export the fileset specified in Album Publishing.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia

fl

Postby fl » Tue Aug 16, 2016 15:51

David,

I don't think that would work, since the current architecture is based upon the generation of the requested file formats FROM the MTFF file. It's my understanding that this is the most efficient method of applying all the format, meta-data, word length and sample rate conversions. Without the MTFF, Pyramix would have to re-scan and re-mix your Timeline contents for each and every output file format requested, with the consequent increase in the total time required. With the recent modification of Disk Write so that it can generate further conversions from the MTFF directly, it's become that much more useful.

The only modification to the Publishing I'd like to see, is the abandonment of the underlying CD creation structure, with its imposition of the 75 fps timing boundaries, and the 99 track limitation - and well, maybe the addition of Apple Lossless to the supported output formats.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

StephenMarsh

Postby StephenMarsh » Tue Aug 16, 2016 19:23

charlienyc wrote:+1
It's nice to be able to go in and edit the CD text information in DiscWrite. However, this only works on PMI files, not MTFF.

I haven't been able to get this to work. I can edit the text of the PMI file in discwrite but the report remains unchanged and the resultant DDP does not reflect the changes either.

Perhaps I'm doing it wrong?