Projects always opening in mute

Self-explained! ;-)
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
StephenMarsh

Projects always opening in mute

Postby StephenMarsh » Fri Jul 29, 2016 19:09

I'd love to have the option upon opening sessions to have the outputs unmuted.

A couple times in the past year it has happened where I'll open a completed project that a client has now approved to delivery final masters and I end up outputting a blank fileset because I forgot to click in the timeline to unmute the tracks beforehand.

I can understand why the outputs would need to be muted while the mixer loads, but then why the persistence?

I'd like to think I'm the only one that's made a couple blank disc images.

Thanks!

fl

Re: Projects always opening in mute

Postby fl » Fri Jul 29, 2016 19:40

I don't think I've ever seen a project open with all outputs muted, unless it was saved that way.

Which mutes are you talking about, the ones in the Mixer, Track Headers or in the Monitor window?
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

StephenMarsh

Postby StephenMarsh » Fri Jul 29, 2016 21:34

fl wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a project open with all outputs muted, unless it was saved that way.

Which mutes are you talking about, the ones in the Mixer, Track Headers or in the Monitor window?

Neither have I and it's pesky!

I was referring to the Mutes in the tracks headers.

charlienyc

Postby charlienyc » Fri Jul 29, 2016 23:19

StephenMarsh wrote:I was referring to the Mutes in the tracks headers.

Is this a source-destination project? If that's the case, it's because the destination track group is not selected by default. We've trained everyone to click on empty gray space on the top track header habitually, to get the focus set to the timeline.
MassCore v14.0.5 Win10/64 i9-10900 & i9-11900K, Avid S3
3x Horus = 80 In/24 Out @PCM
Native V14 Win10/64 i7-12700K miniDSP UDIO-8, Avid S1 & nob controller
Native V14 Win10/64 ThinkPad P51 i7-7700HQ w/Hapi