Album Publishing - Destination Folders?

Self-explained! ;-)
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
fl

Album Publishing - Destination Folders?

Postby fl » Thu Jun 25, 2015 15:59

On page 561 of the manual, regarding the Wildcard Tag file naming of the published files, the suggestion is made that including the <FileFormat> tag will enable the automatic creation of sub-folders, one for each of the selected output formats.

Has anyone got this to work?

When I include that tag, the output files are named accordingly, but no sub-folder is created, and I have to move things around manually. This is not a huge deal breaker, but along with having to set up the destination for the MTFF file in the Generate CD/SACD window, and change the Published File destination in the Album Publishing window (which I always forget to to, and which is a global setting rather than one associated with each individual Project so that the destination is always set to the most recent destination chosen from any project), it's a finicky process, and it would be nice if it could be simplified.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

Lauran

Re: Album Publishing - Destination Folders?

Postby Lauran » Thu Jun 25, 2015 17:54

Yes you can!

If you use the backslash it will create a folder like so:

ProjectName_<FileFormat>\##_EnterYourNameHere

Will create a folder named anything you like including the file format.

Definitely more "hidden until you try long enough" than "automatically", but it works! :D

fl

Postby fl » Thu Jun 25, 2015 19:31

Well, thank you very much for that. I never would have figured that out in a million years, as any time I've tried to incorporate file tree information in a file naming entry field, horrible things have happened.

The "\" will also work in DiskWrite, when you choose to use, or re-use an MTFF file to publish files.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

Lauran

Postby Lauran » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:39

You're welcome, Frank.
Glad to help you for once, as you are helping so many others here:)