Album Publishing file name fields

Self-explained! ;-)
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
archive

Album Publishing file name fields

Postby archive » Wed Jun 24, 2015 22:51

Can we have more options from the CD/SACD tab General Info section appear as usable file name fields during Album Publishing? I'd love to see (at least):

Disc Title
Master ID Code
Ref Code

This would really help with the automatic generation of logical file names when an album has multiple versions. Thanks!

- J.
J. LaPointe
archivemastering.com
Pyramix Pro 25th Native / HAPI / MAD

fl

Re: Album Publishing file name fields

Postby fl » Thu Jun 25, 2015 16:09

Well, <DiskTitle> is already there...

Regarding Master ID Code or Ref. Code, <DiskNum> looked promising for a second, until I realized that it refers to multi-CD sets - Disk 1, Disk 2, etc. The problem with this is that I don't see where you can enter the disk number in the CD/SACD Tab, unless its generation is based on the number of Disks listed in the lower left section's "CD Album" column.

Also, it would still be nice if Apple Lossless could be one of the supported output formats - it is open source, last I checked...
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

archive

Postby archive » Thu Jun 25, 2015 16:35

fl wrote:Well, <DiskTitle> is already there...

Not really, it's actually a misnomer in it's current form, as it refers to the CD-Text Album Title. I would like to see the Disc Title field from the very top of the General Info area, such that if one had a CD Album named "MASTERv2-June252015", you could create a title string something like this:

<DISCPERFORMER>_<AlbumTitle>_<DiscTitle>_<SampRate><WordLength>

and get:

THE RAPTURE_Echoes_MASTERv2-June252015_44k16b.wav
J. LaPointe
archivemastering.com
Pyramix Pro 25th Native / HAPI / MAD

fl

Postby fl » Thu Jun 25, 2015 17:28

Understood. Perhaps this is yet another instance of the kludgy nature of Album Publishing being grafted awkwardly on top of Disk creation. It really should be its own thing, in its own Tab - of course with the option to share information between Tags and CD Text.

However, the information found in this forum discussion - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11276#p35104 - might give you some ideas for a possible workaround until such time...
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809

DJS

Postby DJS » Wed Jul 20, 2016 22:57

fl wrote:Understood. Perhaps this is yet another instance of the kludgy nature of Album Publishing being grafted awkwardly on top of Disk creation. It really should be its own thing, in its own Tab - of course with the option to share information between Tags and CD Text.

I think it should still be integrated and that the Disc publishing concept should die. DP is just a special form of AP, where less than 99 tracks is the restriction. We should have a basic named markers concept defining the clips and then be able to "publish" based on those named marker definitions and the output format, dither, SRC etc.

Named markers should default the name to the filename of the first clip in the named marker region.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia

fl

Postby fl » Thu Jul 21, 2016 14:12

The ninety-nine tracks limitation is not as great an issue, in my opinion, as is the limitation to Marker placement to the CD Frame scale (75 per second). Hopefully a future implementation of AP will be able to work with a finer (sample based) degree of timing accuracy.
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6