Default Plugin Position

Self-explained! ;-)
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Default Plugin Position

Postby RickTarrant » Sun Jan 18, 2015 17:31

I would like to request a new default behavior for plugins.

It would save both time and wear and tear on my wrists if my plugins would open up where I last positioned them, instead of defaulting to the far left screen. I like to keep plugins on a 3rd or 4th monitor and not on the project screen.
Perhaps the last plug position could be retained in the project's memory.

The constant clicking and dragging is a major pain in the carpal.

per favore
bitte
se il vous plaît
--
Rick Tarrant
--
Windows 10 Pro 64
Pyramix 10.2 [native]
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU i7 6700K
RAM 32GB DDR4
GPU AMD Radeon R5 220
RickTarrant

Re: Default Plugin Position

Postby fl » Sun Jan 18, 2015 20:22

Seconded. It seems to me that VST plugins behaved in the way you've requested prior to version 8 or 8.1. On the other hand, VS3 plugins seem to stay in the place you put 'em from program launch to program launch.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
Native 11.0.5/Native Music 9.1.10
Win7 Pro SP1 64/32
Bootcamp 5.1.5621/4.0.4033
Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7)/MacBook Pro 3.1 (Core2Duo)
RME Fireface 800, driver version 3.122
fl

Postby RickTarrant » Mon Jan 19, 2015 00:33

In the meantime, I think I just found a solution. :idea:

I changed the MAIN Windows desktop Display to be the one I want the plugins to reside in.
Then I dragged the project to extend across the two displays that I normally work in.
Now when I open a plugin it is still in the left hand corner but its on the display that I want. A little less clicking and dragging.
It's not elegant, but I think it will do.

rt
--
Rick Tarrant
--
Windows 10 Pro 64
Pyramix 10.2 [native]
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU i7 6700K
RAM 32GB DDR4
GPU AMD Radeon R5 220
RickTarrant

Postby DJS » Mon Jun 08, 2015 09:43

and not just plugins. Why don't all dialog boxes and windows open where you last put them, then we could position the boxes on different screens where its logical. The present tab arrangement is difficult.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia
DJS

Postby J.Wajer » Mon Jun 08, 2015 15:38

AFAIK every window has its position retained inside a template. Some videocards override however this position and default them to their own setting i.e. the upper left corner. Now here is something Merging really can't do anything about. Just make sure you uncheck this monitor behavior. Finetune your template according to your own needs. I am still -after all these years- tweaking bits here and there in my templates. All my windows and all my plugins stay exactly where I put them! :twisted:
...Gracefully Ignored...
J.Wajer

Return to Pyramix Suggestions