Destination always central

Self-explained! ;-)
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
mjbennett

Destination always central

Postby mjbennett » Thu Nov 27, 2014 19:32

I'd really like it if in source-destination editing, the destination group was always fixed in the same place, preferably with the 'Gate In' in the middle of the timeline. At the moment it just disappears off the screen to the right, leaving me wherever I was looking before (sometimes 100s of edits behind).

I'm not losing any sleep over it, but would be a useful feature.

fl

Re: Destination always central

Postby fl » Sun Nov 30, 2014 20:15

If you enable "Keep Cursor" and "Free Zoom" in your Destination Group's set-up, every time you activate your Destination Group, you will find your cursor right where you left it, which very well could be at the end of the edited assembly, in the middle of the Timeline display.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

avi

Re: Destination always central

Postby avi » Fri Jan 09, 2015 01:34

As Frank says, "Keep Cursor" and "Free Zoom" are your friends here. You may prefer to enable "Free Zoom"only on all source groups, leaving the destination to respond only to the overall project zoom commands. This is effectively a zoom control for only the Destination tracks in this instance, but ensures that project-based markers and CD-marks will line up with the audio from the main timeline.

(Also - assign a key to "cursor to gate in"; selecting the destination group and pressing that shortcut will quickly see you back where you want to be.)
Alexander Van Ingen
Six Music Productions
www.sixmp.co.uk