Fader Flipping (Sends to Fader)

Self-explained! ;-)
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Fader Flipping (Sends to Fader)

Postby AndrewB » Fri Oct 03, 2014 02:23

Fader Flip refers to transferring the values of the Aux, Sub-Groups, and Mix Bus rotor send controls to the main strip faders. Clicking on one of these routing possibilities would flip the main faders to the desired Bus sends. A bank parameter featured on a tactile remote control surface should accomplish the same task.

This method facilitates mix workflow, and moreover speeds up Cue sends and Foldback distribution where an analogue mixing board etc. is not available. Essentially all digital mixing boards rely on this feature, and RME Total Mix is lauded for this ability.

Signal Flow [FL] is a welcome innovation in Ver. 9, and thus Fader Flipping would be the inevitable next step in the development of the mixer environment. While previously such a request appeared ambitious, given the recent implementation of Signal Flow, such a suggestion seems to conform to current development momentum.
AndrewB

Re: Fader Flipping (Sends to Fader)

Postby charlienyc » Wed Oct 08, 2014 23:52

i second this. if my relatively ancient digital console can do this (aux sends to faders), then the Pyramix mixer should also have this ability.
2x MassCore v10.1.4 Win7/64 i5-3450
3x Horus w/3 AD8p, 6 AD8, 1 DA8, 2 DA8p
Native v10.1.4 Win7/64 Pro i7 HP
Native v10.1.4 Win10 Bootcamp Mac Mini i5-4278U 2.6GHz
Native V8.1 Win7/32 Xeon 3520 2.67GHz RME HDSP MADI
Native V8.1 Win7/32 ThinkPad R61
charlienyc

Return to Pyramix Suggestions