Ravenna remote for talk, signal light, conductor

Self-explained! ;-)
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Ravenna remote for talk, signal light, conductor

Postby klaukholm » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:20

In order to complete the ravenna setup for recording, I would very much like to see a simple remote that can do the following:

-trigger GPIO for redlight, maybe a total of three separate light/colours for broadcast
-gain, mute and unmute talk
-gain, mute and unmute listen
-ability to mix listen/conductor mic in to main monitor and headphone output plus selectable dim function
-ability to mix talkback with another audio stream for inserting talkback into a cue feed, selectable dim function
-12v power, 1000ma from Horus gpo (or at least enough to power the Yellowtec Litt)
-level and mute for monitor DA

-a 4 I/O card for the Hapi/Horus would suffice for most controlroom needs

I have also asked if they could support GPO/talk/listen triggering via a cheap USB device such as this

http://www.delcomproducts.com/productde ... ber=706503

Bernhard Guettler wrote:
klaukholm wrote:All I now need is a simple small ravenna enabled remote that triggers GPO events for talk, signal light and conductor mic and the Producer pair I have will be redundant

Good idea, have you lobbied Merging for that?
We need two things.

A Hardware Remote box (functionality basically like the producer.com remote, Ravenna connection)

and a specialized I/O card for Hapi/Horus, that handles the usual studio comms/signaling
-talk/listen mic in
-stereo analog out balanced (control room monitoring)
-aux mono out balanced (control room/stage com/listen speaker)
-red light output (GPO, 12V, ≥100mA)
-telephone
-…?
Last edited by klaukholm on Sun Apr 27, 2014 08:23, edited 1 time in total.
klaukholm

Re: Ravenna remote for talk, signal light, conductor

Postby Larry Elliott » Sun Apr 27, 2014 08:19

This seems to be a great solution.

Larry
Larry Elliott

Re: Ravenna remote for talk, signal light, conductor

Postby P.Ghirardini » Sun May 11, 2014 18:54

I'm waiting since I bought my first Horus for sometghing like that, would buy it immediately...
Peter Ghirardini
realsound.it
San Bernardo 43
I-33100 UDINE
P.Ghirardini

Return to Pyramix Suggestions