Album Publishing, filenames, and non-ASCII characters

Self-explained! ;-)
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Album Publishing, filenames, and non-ASCII characters

Postby archive » Wed Mar 28, 2018 16:21

In the Album Publishing "FIle naming and destination" area we need a way to automatically create filenames that convert any non-ASCII characters in the CD-Text fields into safe ASCII characters that travel well between Win and OSX.

Best,

- J.
J. LaPointe
archivemastering.com
Pyramix Native 9.1.10 / HAPI 3.0.5_28606 / Ravenna ASIO 10.0.6
archive

Re: Album Publishing, filenames, and non-ASCII characters

Postby charlienyc » Wed Mar 28, 2018 16:56

+1
I run into this frequently, especially with apostrophes and accents in French music. Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune is a good example.
2x MassCore v11.0.6 Win7/64 i5-3450
3x Horus for 72 In / 24 out in PCM
Native V11 Win10/64 Xeon 3520 2.67GHz RME HDSP MADI
Native V11 Win10/64 ThinkPad P51 i7-7700HQ w/Hapi, iFi iDSD nano
Native V11 Win10 Bootcamp Mac Mini i5-4278U
charlienyc

Re: Album Publishing, filenames, and non-ASCII characters

Postby mpdonahue » Fri Mar 30, 2018 16:22

This has been on my list for years...You can use them in SACD CM but not CD or Album publishing. This was an issue for actual CD+Text where anything that was not on the 101 key keyboard was replaced with a ? or * on the front of the player.
I typically go in with Tag and Rename and replace all the titles with diacritical marks so they appear correct for digital distribution. Ironically, ISO 8859-1 includes almost all the characters and diacritical marks for western european languages, but they do not show up correct in PMX.
All the best,
-mark
Mark Donahue
Soundmirror, Inc.
Boston, MA
mark@soundmirror.com
www.soundmirror.com
mpdonahue

Return to Pyramix Suggestions