MacOS - ProTools HDX - HORUS - PT64

Official discussion forum for the Merging range of networkable converters
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
johnbeetlebailey

MacOS - ProTools HDX - HORUS - PT64

Postby johnbeetlebailey » Thu Mar 07, 2019 18:50

Hey, I would love to hear from others running MacOS - ProTools Ultimate 2018.12 - HORUS - PT64 as their core system?

I'm checking in constantly to see if there's an updated MacOS Ravenna driver, but not yet.

I switch back and forth between HDX-PT64 (for tracking) and Core Audio-Ravenna (for mixing). If you live in ProTools HDX world, you'll know that the voice penalty of inserting a 5.1 channel Native plugin on an Aux Channel results in a drop of 6 voices. Multiply that across a complex mix, and you'll either have to upgrade to HDX3, or switch to Native and get a huge benefit of CPU capability and no voice drops as a result of the round trip from DSP mixer-to CPU-and back...

I'm experiencing a huge bottleneck with Mac OS / Ravenna since I upgraded to High Sierra. I've reduced my connection down to 8 channels in each direction, and it's hanging in, but wondering if I should be installing a high-performance PCIe Network Card in my MacPro 5,1 in the hopes of getting Ravenna performance back up to something stable.

For those that live in the never-ending world of AAE -9171, -9173, and now -6101 errors, you know what I'm talking about. The -6101 errors seem to be related directly to the stability of the Ravenna Core Audio driver, and throwing off ballast has helped.

Any thoughts here?

johnbeetlebailey

Re: MacOS - ProTools HDX - HORUS - PT64

Postby johnbeetlebailey » Sun Oct 27, 2019 18:20

Hey, so, is there anyone else out there working in ProTools / MacOS on HORUS / HAPI?

I'd love to shake the feeling that I'm way out here where the trains don't run...

Cheers, eh?
JB