Hapi battery questions

Official discussion forum for the Merging range of networkable converters
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Rob

Hapi battery questions

Postby Rob » Mon Feb 13, 2017 04:23

I powered my Hapi with one AKD8DP converter board with a 12v 8 ah LiFePO4 battery, no AC connection. I recorded 8 channels w/ phantom power for four hours before I shut it down. I'm not sure how much longer I could have recorded before battery depletion, perhaps I will test this some day.

I have some questions about battery power in general.

1) With AC and battery for backup, will any current ever flow to the battery?

2) Is there a battery low-voltage shutoff point for Hapi and if so, is it adjustable for different battery technologies?

3) Is anyone else battery powering a Hapi? Have you run into any issues?

Thanks!
- rob
Pyramix 10 Native Master on a MBP Retina Bootcamp partition running Windoze 7 64bit, Horus with 32 premo inputs and 8 premo outs and Hapi with new AKD8DP.

Rob

Re: Hapi battery questions

Postby Rob » Fri Feb 17, 2017 02:42

I received a reply from Guillaume in Merging tech support. He states:

There is no current flowing back to the battery if powered by both battery and AC supply, power lines are protected with diodes.

There is no shutoff point in Hapi, regulators on our power board can work with a voltage as low as 10V, but there is no mechanism that would shut down the Hapi if the voltage would drop below this stage.
We have never been faced to such a request before, if there would be more requests for it we may think of a solution to achieve this. A kind of workaround would be to regularly monitor the Hapi > Setup > Info page on the display or via the WebApp to see the level of the +12V power supply, you should see it dropping as the battery loses its charge.
- rob
Pyramix 10 Native Master on a MBP Retina Bootcamp partition running Windoze 7 64bit, Horus with 32 premo inputs and 8 premo outs and Hapi with new AKD8DP.