Trouble with ASIO

Official discussion forum for the Merging range of networkable converters
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
benjamin

Trouble with ASIO

Postby benjamin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 18:16

I'm new to Windows and so please don't rule out some basic system error on my part.

I'm running a Hapi (DA only) with Reaper. Everything is installed and Reaper recognizes the device. The Ravena Asio Panel says I'm Running, but RavemmaEasyConnect says error: SDP Source note properly configured/ channel mapped to unexisting input.

Firewall is off (I think). Windows Defender was manually set to off, and I even ran a command line to set firewall off.

I've gotten two Windows Notifications to set the firewall on, so I do think it's off and that hapi is trying to connect.

I've been able to run the unit via Core Audio with no problems for two years now, so I don't think it's a hardware issue.

DJS

Re: Trouble with ASIO

Postby DJS » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:45

Hi Benjamin,

You have to run the Merging Ravenna/ASIO Settings app and allocate enough inputs and outputs to allow enough channels of audio for a given sample rate.
https://confluence.merging.com/display/ ... leshooting
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia

benjamin

Postby benjamin » Sat Dec 02, 2017 21:09

Thanks so much for the response.

I can't for the life of me figure this out. I have one Hapi with the DAC only, so no inputs. In Reaper I've deselected the allow inputs.

Any other ideas? I notice that Ravenna sometimes refers to my device with core-audio, as I've used it with my MBP.

benjamin

Postby benjamin » Sun Dec 03, 2017 20:00

A little progress but still no sound: I was able to go into session sources and configure the output to 1/2. RavennaEasyConnect is now green but only halfway. Windows Defender is off.