Any MIDI-DAW you can recommend?

The "Merging Cellar" is the place where you can share your tasting experiences and discuss everything from technique, artistic matters or even business practices, but not necessarily about Pyramix. Feel free to pick the brains of the talented Merging forum users. Enjoy.
Forum rules
The "Merging Cellar" is the place where you can share your tasting experiences and discuss everything from technique, artistic matters or even business practices, but not necessarily about Pyramix. Feel free to pick the brains of the talented Merging forum users. Enjoy.

Any MIDI-DAW you can recommend?

Postby JoFi » Sun Mar 17, 2013 01:38

Hello,
glad to be here - finally. I need YOUR professional supply and opinion in terms of research for a MIDI only or MIDI/Audio DAW. Could be Windows or Macintosh.
I know this ain't no simple question. The web is fully packed with (personal) opinions and frustrations BUT wholly inconsistent, because today's decisions are not only restricted to a DAW itself but also to the OS (specific Version needed etc.) it is running.

What I need is a solid and reliable platform that handles sample libraries and external VIs.
I'm also not interested in lukewarm programmed and fully-featured 42GB monster apps.
BTW. I gave Reaper a try ... but I could't deal with their idea of ... let's say "workflow".

I hope you'll give this threat a try and a pragmatical and practical-oriented touch.
We are all professionals in the business. Thanks for your time and energy.

PMX Native Music Pack 9
MacBookProR 16GB | Win7 64bit
RME Interfaces & Converters
JoFi

Re: Any MIDI-DAW you can recommend?

Postby phaseboy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 05:10

Unfortunately this is really not the best place to ask this sort of question and pyramix is definitely not an option for midi. If you haven't looked at it yet I would take a look at Steinberg's Cubase which can run on OsX and/or Windows.

Good Luck
Mark S. Willsher
(studio: +1-818-284-6136)
http://www.pin3hot.com
phaseboy

Postby JoFi » Sun Mar 17, 2013 13:44

Hi Phaseboy,
first of all ... thanks for your answer. I know that Pyramix is Audio-only. I'm working with it every single day. :)
As I wrote I'm very aware asking this question on THIS board. I neither want another Mac vs. Windows debate for the purpose of accommodations etc. nor am I interested in any matters of taste. There is a reason why we all have concluded Pyramix to be the best in terms of its reliability and complexity. There must be a (hard to find) pendant for the MIDI side somewhere out there.

And anyway - do we have any Mac users here?

PMX Native Music Pack 9
MacBookProR 16GB | Win7 64bit
RME Interfaces & Converters
JoFi

Postby allemano bernard@neuf.fr » Sun Mar 17, 2013 15:01

Hi,

I work every day with Samplitude (via MT asio bridge).
Good audio engine, good phase correlation, midi functions, etc... and it works very well with Pyramix. IMO : better than Cu.... sound. you can try a cheaper version: samplitude music studio.
other good daw : FL (fruity loops) good audio engine too, good phase correlation too.

It's Only my opinion ! ! !

best regards

Bernard
pyramix X Native; windows 7 SP1 64; GigaByte Z87X-D3H; intel core i5; 16G DDR3; 1 X SSD for system; 1 X SSD for medias; 1 WD Caviar Black 500G for backups.
allemano bernard@neuf.fr

Return to The Merging Cellar