Ozone and Pyramix trouble?

The "Merging Cellar" is the place where you can share your tasting experiences and discuss everything from technique, artistic matters or even business practices, but not necessarily about Pyramix. Feel free to pick the brains of the talented Merging forum users. Enjoy.
Forum rules
The "Merging Cellar" is the place where you can share your tasting experiences and discuss everything from technique, artistic matters or even business practices, but not necessarily about Pyramix. Feel free to pick the brains of the talented Merging forum users. Enjoy.
fl

Ozone and Pyramix trouble?

Postby fl » Fri Aug 17, 2012 00:45

I haven't used Ozone 5.02 (not Advanced) for a while, so I don't know whether or not this problem always existed.

In the Maximizer, whenever I use the IRC III mode, I get horrible distortion which occurs whether or not the signal level exceeds the threshold level or not. This occurs whether or not the Intersample Detection is On or Off, with Stereo Linking On or Off, and at all settings of the "Character" slider. All the other modes are fine. When I use Ozone in another program, there is no issue with IRC III or any other limiting mode.

It seems as though this particular mode does not like working with Pyramix (Native 7.1.10). Has anyone else encountered this?

Edit: The distortion occurs in 96 kHz. SR sessions. When I use it on a lower SR session, the distortion does not occur. (This applies even when I change the SR of my 96 kHz. session to 48, and then engage Pyramix's Realtime SRC (Hepta-Apodizing). No distortion at lower SRs, but anything above 48 kHz. is fuzz city.)
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

DJS

Re: Ozone and Pyramix trouble?

Postby DJS » Thu Jul 24, 2014 23:00

Hi Frank, I found this also, but only during real time monitoring. When rendered "offline" it was fine.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia