HPF plugins

The "Merging Cellar" is the place where you can share your tasting experiences and discuss everything from technique, artistic matters or even business practices, but not necessarily about Pyramix. Feel free to pick the brains of the talented Merging forum users. Enjoy.
Forum rules
The "Merging Cellar" is the place where you can share your tasting experiences and discuss everything from technique, artistic matters or even business practices, but not necessarily about Pyramix. Feel free to pick the brains of the talented Merging forum users. Enjoy.
tas

HPF plugins

Postby tas » Tue Aug 07, 2012 18:34

Just curious to see what people round here are using as their standard Hi-Pass filter on channels.
PMX 8.0.12 Native, Windows 7 Ultimate, MacPro, Bootcamp 4.0, RME MadiFX

Perfect Record

Re: HPF plugins

Postby Perfect Record » Thu Aug 09, 2012 17:44

I often keep an EQ on the master buss set to its lowest frequency, then automate sweeping it in to catch a rumble. I wish there was a second or third order filter though.

Since every record seems to need some de-clicking, I do touch up rumble fixes using Izotope RX during the de-click stage.

Ozone might be an OK option. I like having it on the master buss for dither anyway. Ozone has lots of filter options, including a steeper HPF.

fl

Re: HPF plugins

Postby fl » Thu Aug 09, 2012 18:19

Voxengo's Elephant Limiter has a high pass filter with variable steepness. Voxengo's Curve EQ is a good choice on channels.

Like Preston, I use RX2 to nuke out particularly noisome LF interference.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native
• Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 5.1.5621 - Win7 Pro SP1 64
• HP 7100 Mini-tower - Win10 Pro 64 1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.13