Wacom Tablet

The "Merging Cellar" is the place where you can share your tasting experiences and discuss everything from technique, artistic matters or even business practices, but not necessarily about Pyramix. Feel free to pick the brains of the talented Merging forum users. Enjoy.
Forum rules
The "Merging Cellar" is the place where you can share your tasting experiences and discuss everything from technique, artistic matters or even business practices, but not necessarily about Pyramix. Feel free to pick the brains of the talented Merging forum users. Enjoy.
Larry Elliott

Wacom Tablet

Postby Larry Elliott » Sat Jan 14, 2012 00:55

I note on the 2L website they are using a Wacom Tablet as a pointing device for Pyramix.

Are any others also using a tablet and if so what size?

Thanks,
Larry

Paulo M

Re: Wacom Tablet

Postby Paulo M » Fri Jan 20, 2012 13:42

Hi Larry,

I sometimes use a small Wacom, I think is A6, so it´s not that big. Tablets are great for automation drawing, fade drawing, scrubbing etc. The only thing that I don´t find that great is that the click and right button is positioned in the middle of the pen. You can programm the tip for diferent pressuress and can also double click with the tip as well.

Some people say pen pointing is better for your wrists than mouse. Some tablets also have a lot of side and top hot keys that are great for macro and quick commands. There´s other brands than Wacom with great designs too. So I guess is just a matter of personnal choice.
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3
Intel Q9600/Gigabyte X48 DS5 Motherboard/ASUS 4350 Graphic card

Perfect Record

Postby Perfect Record » Mon Jan 23, 2012 03:41

When I worked for Sonic there were a handful of tablet users who loved them.

I'm always surprised to see Pyramix (or any other system for that matter) using a cheap generic mouse. Even at the Pyramix booth at AES in New York!

I've been using a Logitech gaming mouse with multiple buttons, and good tracking response. Always looking for something better. Any suggestions?

tas

Postby tas » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:19

anyone using a wacom bamboo after all? I am trying out one and am having trouble zooming with the fingers.
PMX 8.0.12 Native, Windows 7 Ultimate, MacPro, Bootcamp 4.0, RME MadiFX

J.Wajer

Postby J.Wajer » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:48

tas wrote:anyone using a wacom bamboo after all? I am trying out one and am having trouble zooming with the fingers.

I work with the bamboo occasionally. Dont use it for zooming :) Never got that to work 100%. What might help is disable double clicking/tapping,
...Gracefully Ignored...

Perfect Record

Postby Perfect Record » Mon Apr 02, 2012 21:24

How well does a tablets work when mixing?

I'm always fussing around with mouse settings to get a good compromise between quick movement across 2 monitors, and slow enough to make subtile fader moves.

tas

Postby tas » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:10

I only have tried it for a bit, but haven't found it as useful as I would like it to be and it doesn't look like it is much more precise than a mouse and I was looking for that for both editing and mixing
PMX 8.0.12 Native, Windows 7 Ultimate, MacPro, Bootcamp 4.0, RME MadiFX

Paulo M

Postby Paulo M » Tue Apr 03, 2012 18:54

I don´t like pen tablets for mixing at all. They lack precision, as does the mouse indeed. For some editing tasks they are fine though. I guess it depends on your working methods and preferences, so it´s not an absolute truth.

For me faders need to be physical, or at least touch apps for some tablets, although I didn´t try the Pyramix app yet :mrgreen:
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3
Intel Q9600/Gigabyte X48 DS5 Motherboard/ASUS 4350 Graphic card