Final cut xml interchange

The "Merging Cellar" is the place where you can share your tasting experiences and discuss everything from technique, artistic matters or even business practices, but not necessarily about Pyramix. Feel free to pick the brains of the talented Merging forum users. Enjoy.
Forum rules
The "Merging Cellar" is the place where you can share your tasting experiences and discuss everything from technique, artistic matters or even business practices, but not necessarily about Pyramix. Feel free to pick the brains of the talented Merging forum users. Enjoy.
klaukholm

Final cut xml interchange

Postby klaukholm » Fri Jun 24, 2011 22:25

So now that XML is gone from the new version of final cut, what happens to the new halfdone xml interchange key...?

J.Wajer

Re: Final cut xml interchange

Postby J.Wajer » Sat Jun 25, 2011 00:24

Obviously Apple is dumping their Professional user base for a much larger end-user base. It's all about the big money here, I guess. Its IMovie++. Buy it for only $199,-. Now everybody can make movies! :twisted:
...Gracefully Ignored...

klaukholm

Postby klaukholm » Sat Jun 25, 2011 08:15

Great news for all the competition though!

J.Wajer

Postby J.Wajer » Sat Jun 25, 2011 09:36

Well, I guess by competition you mean, AVID, AVID and AVID, and then after a very long void there's Adobe Premiere and maybe Media 100? Meaning.... there is no real competition. I don't think it is good for the market at all, it is good only for Apple and it is good for AVID, no? We are the one that draw the short straw. I wouldn't even start to imagine the frustration of the 1000's of posthouses that are each stuck with tons of FCP 7 copies. It is a direct insult to our profession. But a clever move by Apple. I think they planned this all along. And now AVID can pump up their prices once again.

I wish Protool made this move too. Everybody can make music!
...Gracefully Ignored...