"Mix Down" Configuration

The "Merging Cellar" is the place where you can share your tasting experiences and discuss everything from technique, artistic matters or even business practices, but not necessarily about Pyramix. Feel free to pick the brains of the talented Merging forum users. Enjoy.
Forum rules
The "Merging Cellar" is the place where you can share your tasting experiences and discuss everything from technique, artistic matters or even business practices, but not necessarily about Pyramix. Feel free to pick the brains of the talented Merging forum users. Enjoy.
Larry Elliott

"Mix Down" Configuration

Postby Larry Elliott » Sat Jul 03, 2010 02:57

Generally I have used the "Mix Down" command for mixing multi track projects to stereo. Now I would like to set up the mixer to route the stereo mix to two tracks in the time line and run the mix in real time so I can make some adjustments. What is the most suitable way to do this? I have selected IB1&2 as the outputs of the Stereo Master and IB1&2 as the input for the mix strip. Is this the best way?

Thanks
Larry

fl

Re: "Mix Down" Configuration

Postby fl » Sat Jul 03, 2010 15:59

Larry,

Assuming you've also set up two tracks in the timeline, with IB1 and IB2 as their inputs, taking care that the mixer strip does not route signal to your main mix bus, what you've described is the way to go.

If you're concerned with maintaining timing accuracy re: latency, then make sure that the Mixer Strip is configured as the "Return" for your Mix Bus's send, as opposed to "Input", and that Latency Compensation is turned on.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

Larry Elliott

Re: "Mix Down" Configuration

Postby Larry Elliott » Sat Jul 03, 2010 23:32

Frank,
Thanks for the information
Larry