Melodyne 4 with Pyramix?

The "Merging Cellar" is the place where you can share your tasting experiences and discuss everything from technique, artistic matters or even business practices, but not necessarily about Pyramix. Feel free to pick the brains of the talented Merging forum users. Enjoy.
Forum rules
The "Merging Cellar" is the place where you can share your tasting experiences and discuss everything from technique, artistic matters or even business practices, but not necessarily about Pyramix. Feel free to pick the brains of the talented Merging forum users. Enjoy.
fl

Melodyne 4 with Pyramix?

Postby fl » Sun Mar 06, 2016 20:02

Has anyone upgraded to the most recent version of Melodyne? Does the plugin work with Pyramix?

Pyramix would always crash when attempting to scan the Melodyne plugin from Editor version 2 or Studio version 3, and of course the earlier versions were limited to stereo file (no multi-track).
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

allemano bernard@neuf.fr

Re: Melodyne 4 with Pyramix?

Postby allemano bernard@neuf.fr » Sun Mar 06, 2016 20:10

Hi,

The guys from Celemony said : "Pyramix is not part of the DAWs working with Melodyne".
So, It works only in standalone version with a good ASIO driver.

Best regards,

Bernard
pyramix 10 Native; windows 10 64 Bits; Asrock Z 270 PRO 4; intel core i7 7700 4.20 GHz; 16G DDR4;
1 SSD M2 Nvme for system; 1 SSD M2 Nvme for medias; 1 WD Caviar Black 1T. for backups.

bemi

Postby bemi » Wed Mar 23, 2016 14:20

Dear colleagues,

works as VST2 plugin ;)

best
bemi
Best Regards, Michael "bemi" Bernhard, BEMI Tontechnik GbR - PMX 12, Masscore, HAPI

allemano bernard@neuf.fr

Postby allemano bernard@neuf.fr » Thu Mar 24, 2016 02:52

Yes but, with behaviour issues, memory issues, stability issues...

Sorry :)

Best regards,

Bernard
pyramix 10 Native; windows 10 64 Bits; Asrock Z 270 PRO 4; intel core i7 7700 4.20 GHz; 16G DDR4;
1 SSD M2 Nvme for system; 1 SSD M2 Nvme for medias; 1 WD Caviar Black 1T. for backups.

fl

Postby fl » Thu May 26, 2016 15:39

Answering my own question here, but after a month or so of working with Melodyne 4 as a plug-in in Pyramix, it works just fine - no instabilities or other weirdness (other than when my own tinkering results in something truly bizarre).

It will only process the sections of the associated track that you select with the "Transfer" button, and the rest of the time, it's very light weight in terms of processor load, so it seems just fine letting it sit there as a plug-in, as opposed to doing a full fledged Render.
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809

Jesse.Lewis

Postby Jesse.Lewis » Sat Oct 01, 2016 01:04

Hello, I am having a very hard time getting Melodyne 4 to be seen with the VST scanner. Does anyone have advice? I have listed these folders for the scanner, and forced rescan multiple times without luck.

C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns
C:\Program Files\Celemony\Melodyne 4
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Celemony\

:?:

Jesse

fl

Postby fl » Sat Oct 01, 2016 19:02

Which version of Pyramix? Which version of Windows? 32 or 64 bit? I'll assume Melodyne 4...

Have you located the file "Melodyne.dll" in any of the folders you listed? You should only install the VST2 version of Melodyne, if you are only going to be using it with Pyramix. You may have installed the VST3 version as well - C:/Program Files/Common Files/VST3/ - but Pyramix doesn't use VST3.

Have you run the Melodyne installer again, this time taking care to route the VST2 installation to one of your preferred folders?
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6

charly van rest

Postby charly van rest » Sat Jan 07, 2017 17:47

Hello Frank

A little late but i'm very glad to read Melodyne 4 is working fine in your Pyramix station because I'm planning to demo it
in the near future.
Meanwhile RX 5, Unveil, Unfilter, Saturn etc are working fine in my PMX 10, Masscore, Hapi !

Have a good best 2017 Frank !!
Regards
charly van rest
rottedam

aomahana

Postby aomahana » Fri Jan 13, 2017 03:50

PMX 10 and Melodyne 4 VST2 not working for me. In fact no tuning software have I been able to get to function within Pyramix.

Kris.o

Postby Kris.o » Sun Jul 29, 2018 09:31

Hi
I'm using PMX last few months with Melodyne 4 and still on learning curve with pyramix . I have questing regarding Melodyne result implementation into clip.

How to print out the result of Melodyne plugin into clip. So I would be able to disable Melodyne.
Of course I found the way to route strip via Internal Bus and record it to other track, but just wonder if there is another, simpler, way in PMX. This could be used with Melodyne and possibly world work with other plugins. .

The other challenge that I have with Melodyne is when I transfer and press transfer button in plug in and turn on red record button in tracks in Melodyne , when I then press play button to start transfer all Melodyne transfer pointed tracks becoming disable and then I have to press it back while PMX is already playing the sound. / any idea about what I do wrong ?

Would appreciate your feedback

Using PMX 11 and Melodyne 4 on Windows 10 64bits creator with Horus

fl

Postby fl » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:06

Have you tried using the "Render" function (found in the main window's "Project" menu), and using the "Effects Rack" to host the Melodyne plug-in? For instructions, see the Manual pages 450 - 451, and 453 - 454.

An alternate way to do this is to use the FX Rendering Tab - see the Manual pages 395 - 397.
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6

Kris.o

Postby Kris.o » Sun Jul 29, 2018 13:04

Thanks for feedback

I tried Render command and have no success so far. After processing I see the clip name changed to Render (4) the name that I picked in Render tab , but don't hear the changes. I see that clips are connected into one clip (I choose few clips on one track) . I will keep exploring this command.

On top when I press process for Render command PMX is crashing every second time.

fl

Postby fl » Sun Jul 29, 2018 16:14

Kris.o wrote:I tried Render command and have no success so far. After processing I see the clip name changed to Render (4)

The "(4)" in the name refers to the Track number - you aren't trying to process more than two tracks at a time with Melodyne, are you?

On top when I press process for Render command PMX is crashing every second time.

Here's a work around:

1. Select the region you wish to process in Melodyne. You don't need to process the whole track - just choose a section where you need to fix things, and then add a little extra at the beginning and the end, so that you can crossfade in and out of the Melodyne work you're about to do. To be on the safe side, just choose a material from a single track, so Melodyne will have a mono file to work with.

2. Click on Render in the Project Menu, and in the window which appears, look at the list in the upper right corner and select "<None>". In the "Render Name", type in a name which you'll find useful - something like, "Vocal Fix Verse 1" or whatever you like. It's a good idea to specify a new folder as the destination for any Clips you'll be processing with Melodyne, so it's easier to find. Set the new file's format to WAV. Once the name and destination are set properly, click on "Render". Pyramix will create a new file, and insert it into your Pyramix Track, replacing the section you selected earlier.

3. Save your Pyramix Project and Quit Pyramix.

4. Open Melodyne as the stand-alone program, and then open the new file you just "Rendered" from Pyramix. Do what you need to do to and when you're finished, save the file WITH THE SAME FILE NAME. Now your Melodyne work is saved.

5. Quit Melodyne, but before you go back to Pyramix, go to the folder holding your new file. DELETE the file that has the same name, but has ".pk2" on the end of its name (don't delete the .wav file, just the associated .pk2 file).

6. Open Pyramix and your Project. You should see the Clip you Rendered, but with no waveform. Pyramix may or may not re-draw the waveform automatically. If it doesn't, right-click on the Clip, and in the pop-up you'll see a command to Generate a new waveform view (I'm not in front of Pyramix right now). Do that.

7. Now you can apply crossfades to the beginning and end of this new Clip, so that it works with the rest of the track.

You should be able to hear your Melodyne work now.
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6

charly van rest

Postby charly van rest » Sun Jul 29, 2018 20:52

Hi Kris

Yes working with the internal bus is my favourite method, print anything from any track...quick and easy.
Or a Mixdown (from a selection or clip[s) will also work but goes of course through the master bus.
When I need more editing like timestretching or tempo editing in Melodyne 4, I fire up Pyramix (10) in Rewire mode where I preserve two extra
Melodyne stereo-tracks returns in the PMX mixer (so Melo 4 stays open all the time but follows PMX perfect)

And yes in plugin mode I also have to start PMX lots in advance and then press transfer.
Hope this also helps,
regards
Charly

Kris.o

Postby Kris.o » Tue Jul 31, 2018 06:16

Thank you , I will try all provided solutions . Great that this forum's team is so helpful.

Regards