New Old News Plextools XL 3.16

Forum to discuss your Pyramix systems, motherboards, RAID arrays, graphic cards, laptops, etc..
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
aomahana

New Old News Plextools XL 3.16

Postby aomahana » Tue May 21, 2013 02:05

Hello there,

Some of you may already be aware of this, but I have only just discovered it.

I use a Plextor PX 760A drive. These are now discontinued, but I bought several when they were available as the newer models seemed to take a backward step with regard to quality. Plextools was available as a LE (free) version and as a licensed XL version. However, at some point the web link to pay and register the XL version disappeared. So I have been using the LE version, which is actually pretty good.

But at some later point, actually a few years ago now, Plextor made a new version of Plextools XL freely available, all be it at a different Web Address.

So, if you are still using an earlier Plextor Writer, you can download Plextools V3.16 from www.plextor-digital.com.

Bye now,
aomahana.

Graemme

Re: New Old News Plextools XL 3.16

Postby Graemme » Wed May 22, 2013 06:25

Thanks for the very useful info. I'll move this to the 'Hardware Discussion" sub-forum and make it into a sticky...

Graemme
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"