Core duo laptop for Native

Forum to discuss your Pyramix systems, motherboards, RAID arrays, graphic cards, laptops, etc..
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Matthijs Ruijter

Core duo laptop for Native

Postby Matthijs Ruijter » Tue Mar 19, 2013 23:45

Hi all,

I am looking for a laptop to run Pyramix Native, version 7 / 8. For now I want it to be able to playback and edit 16 tracks of 96/24 with few plugins. In the near future it would be nice to be able to record similar projects with it.

Given my budget limitations I am looking for second hand laptops. I now have the opportunity to buy a Dell 1735 with a core duo T9300 2,5 GHz processor, running Windows 7 Pro. It has all the peripherals I could possibly desire: eSata, FireWire, Express Card slot.

My questions are: does anyone of you run a current Pyramix version on a laptop like this? Would it be able to handle the kind of projects I mentioned? My most important condition is a (more or less) direct responding fade editor when changing fades / playing back fades.

Thanks in advance for your replies,

Matthijs Ruijter

tim

Re: Core duo laptop for Native

Postby tim » Wed Mar 20, 2013 00:58

Hi Matthijs,

The Asus laptops we have that are about 4 or 5 years old now are similar spec, & they work fine even for twice that many tracks @ 2FS. Finding the one you have with all that good I/O is also valuable, fewer & fewer notebooks are appearing these days with eSata & express card slots. We run these systems on Win 7x64 Pro w/8GB RAM.

Best wishes & please say hi to both Everett and L J.
Tim Martyn
Phoenix Audio
Glen Rock, NJ
www.phoenixaudiollc.com

Matthijs Ruijter

Re: Core duo laptop for Native

Postby Matthijs Ruijter » Wed Mar 20, 2013 01:31

Thanks for the info Tim. Actually I am not a member of the Polyhymnia team anymore, just changed my details here... but I'll send your regards to Everett anyway :-)