Asus P7H57D-V EVO discontinued - what should I use instead?

Forum to discuss your Pyramix systems, motherboards, RAID arrays, graphic cards, laptops, etc..
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
OlleGrane

Asus P7H57D-V EVO discontinued - what should I use instead?

Postby OlleGrane » Wed Jan 26, 2011 18:41

Hi!

I was going to build a new computer right from Merging´s recommended PC specs - but the Asus P7H57D-V EVO is discontinued!
I have a Mykerinos MB5 MADI Coax and a RAID 10 (WD Red 500GB x 4) - any suggestions to what I should go for?

Any other suggestions on specs?!

/Olle
Olle Grane
Green Hat Music & Sound

Pyramikx V9.1 Native
Win 7 PC according to the Merging spec of june 2010 with RAID 1+0 audio drive 1TB
HP Z-Book native
Merging HAPI / RME Babyface interfaces

tim

Re: Asus P7H57D-V EVO discontinued - what should I use inste

Postby tim » Wed Jan 26, 2011 21:47

Hi,

I am about to order two of these from NewEgg's site, they appear to be in stock:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 7d-v%20evo

Best wishes,

Tim Martyn
Tim Martyn
Phoenix Audio
Glen Rock, NJ
www.phoenixaudiollc.com

OlleGrane

Postby OlleGrane » Fri Jan 28, 2011 09:51

Thanks Tim!
I notice that it´s possible to order the board even in Sweden...
Olle Grane
Green Hat Music & Sound

Pyramikx V9.1 Native
Win 7 PC according to the Merging spec of june 2010 with RAID 1+0 audio drive 1TB
HP Z-Book native

Perfect Record

Postby Perfect Record » Fri Feb 04, 2011 19:51

I've been looking at the Intel DP55KG, mostly because it has more SATA ports. I'm no expert on building machines- anyone have a thought as to how this Asus compares with the Intel board?

tim

Postby tim » Fri Feb 04, 2011 23:04

Hi,

There are I believe a total of 8 SATA connectors on the Asus motherboard, it's easy (& cheap) to simply bring 2 or 3 of these out to one of the expansion slots. Only reason this would be a problem is if you envision using up all of the expansion slots.

Having said this, however, I now see that this board is out of stock at NewEgg with no indication when it will re-stocked....maybe Olle bought the last one?!

Tim Martyn
Tim Martyn
Phoenix Audio
Glen Rock, NJ
www.phoenixaudiollc.com

Perfect Record

Postby Perfect Record » Fri Feb 04, 2011 23:56

Any reason to not use the Intel?

OlleGrane

Postby OlleGrane » Wed Feb 09, 2011 18:43

Hi!
No, I haven´t bought the last one... I´ve tried to order the last one in a swedish shop, but now the f*%& postoffice lost it somewhere...

It´s discontinued, so I´m trying to hunt down one or two (maybe one as a backup replacement?!) from some store in Sweden / Europe.
Whish Merging could say something about the eventual compatibility of a successor to this now ancient motherboard...

I´ve heard that there are instability problems with the Intel DP55 -card - can somebody confirm this?!

Maybe I´m a whimp for not just trying something, but I thought I´d better just try to get the most stable setup I could, I´m doing location work only... so better be safe!

Cheers!
/Olle
Olle Grane
Green Hat Music & Sound

Pyramikx V9.1 Native
HP Z-Book native

klaukholm

Postby klaukholm » Wed Feb 09, 2011 21:25

I gave up on getting the Asus in scandinavia and had to go for a 1155 as we had to replace the system in one day due to failure.

When the replacement chipset for the new 1155 socket comes out in a few months I hope merging will certify atleast one board of this new generation of the i5/i7. The first 1155 chipset had a worldwide recall a few weeks back and here it showed progressively deteriorationg performance on the PCI bus much like the reported SATA problem that caused the recall, not a good thing when running dual pci in masscore.

OlleGrane

Postby OlleGrane » Sun Feb 20, 2011 01:18

So, I got one finally, on a auction site... hopefully it will work out for the best...
Olle Grane
Green Hat Music & Sound

Pyramikx V9.1 Native
HP Z-Book native

OlleGrane

Postby OlleGrane » Wed Mar 09, 2011 01:02

... and it did! Great machine, lots of power... hopefully it will be just as stable as my old machine.

Thank you all for chiming in here!

/Olle
Olle Grane
Green Hat Music & Sound

Pyramikx V9.1 Native
HP Z-Book native