Blackmagic cards

Forum to discuss your Pyramix systems, motherboards, RAID arrays, graphic cards, laptops, etc..
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
just.sounds

Blackmagic cards

Postby just.sounds » Mon Jan 04, 2016 23:12

Well i know i'm asking quite soon but do you have any experience with slightly older Blackmagic cards.

I'm looking for an older Decklink SDI wich does not have a cooling fan!! I did not invest in a fully passive cooled system to let the video i/o spoil the fun.... And i like to have analog and 4k inputs.

My config is quite typical Merging but i build it myself

Windows 7
gigabyte z97x
ati2270
m.2 ssd
500gb ssd
RME hdspe madi and aes i/o
i74790

just.sounds

Re: Blackmagic cards

Postby just.sounds » Tue Jan 05, 2016 13:52

additional question

What do you use mostly for sync?

What does the video truck offer? LTC, smpte trisync blackburst wordclock?

Julian Gough

Re: Blackmagic cards

Postby Julian Gough » Mon Jan 11, 2016 16:54

just.sounds wrote:What do you use mostly for sync?

What does the video truck offer? LTC, smpte trisync blackburst wordclock?

The video truck will probably offer Black & Burst tri level sync. They will have distribution amplifiers (DA) of that feeding all their other kit, passing you a spare O/P of a DA is an easy solution. They might have word clock available but it will probably have been generated from a Video to Wordclock converter such as a Rosendahl Nanosyncs so you are only really introducing another link in the chain.

LTC is not technically a sync source. LTC is a labelling system of video frames. Pyramix does accept LTC as a sync source but it is not a practice that should be encouraged. If you take LTC from the video truck, you should also take Black and Burst to be completely bomb proof.

Cheers,

Julian