4K monitors for Pyramix display

Forum to discuss your Pyramix systems, motherboards, RAID arrays, graphic cards, laptops, etc..
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Perfect Record

4K monitors for Pyramix display

Postby Perfect Record » Tue Jun 23, 2015 00:05

In my ongoing quest to get the computer monitors out of the sound field of my monitor speakers, I was considering using a big video monitor angled back and down closer to the floor. A colleague did this in his mastering studio using a conventional large screen set, but it was very difficult to read captions on the project window.

I just saw a very reasonably priced 42" 4k monitor at our local big box electronics store and was wondering if that would work as a monitor for Pyramix?

Has anyone tried this?

Julian Gough

Re: 4K monitors for Pyramix display

Postby Julian Gough » Fri Jul 31, 2015 23:29

Sorry I realise you posted this over a month ago, I don't keep up with all the discussions on all sections of this forum.

Have you considered a projector? You can get acoustically transparent screens that you can hang in front of your speakers.

Probably more appropriate for larger mix rooms, but I've mixed in rooms where it has been done quite successfully.

The projector itself would probably make a noise so you would have to blimp it.

Just a thought.

Julian

Perfect Record

Postby Perfect Record » Fri Jul 31, 2015 23:42

I've considered a projector, but there isn't a simple option for getting the heat out of the blimp.

I'll do some research on mating 4K monitors with video cards. Anyone with experience let us know.

J.Wajer

Postby J.Wajer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 16:59

I bought this monitor.
http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-34UM95
Works like a charm, albeit it looks like the PMX mixer buttons have grown to insanely small proportions.
...Gracefully Ignored...

DJS

Postby DJS » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:37

J.Wajer wrote:I bought this monitor.
http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-34UM95
Works like a charm, albeit it looks like the PMX mixer buttons have grown to insanely small proportions.

I am using Windows 10 with PMX10 and a new Philips 40 inch 4K monitor (BDM4065UC). Insanely small icons and menus, even with the size setting to 200%. But the solution is simple. Right click the PMX program icon, select properties, then Compatibility then choose Windows 8 mode.

Normal sized icons and menus again. Works superbly. My monitor is now running PMX at 3840x2160 in a 40inch display. Glorious!
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia

DJS

Postby DJS » Fri Mar 25, 2016 00:39

So after installing Visual Studio (for other work) on my PMX PC, the compatibility thing didn't work anymore. But this did. I have my scaling set to 200%.
http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app- ... plays-fix/
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia