merging hapi and core audio latency

Forum to discuss your Pyramix systems, motherboards, RAID arrays, graphic cards, laptops, etc..
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

merging hapi and core audio latency

Postby fafalio » Mon Mar 30, 2015 19:23

I would like to know something about Hapi about latency in a native scenario with software like ableton live and cubase.
A) if i use VST instruments like Vienna, that we know is very heavy, what could be the latency in ms that i could ear?
B) if i record audio with heavy DSP in real time, what could be the latency in ms that i could ear?
I use last generation mac book pro I7 with SSD. So i'm considering core audio.

I ask this because now i m using RME inerfaces. I don t like too much the converters but the latency is great. is hapi' latency similar?

Alessandro, thanks.

Return to Pyramix Hardware Discussion