Secondary audio device

Forum to discuss your Pyramix systems, motherboards, RAID arrays, graphic cards, laptops, etc..
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Little tribeca

Secondary audio device

Postby Little tribeca » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:44

Hello!

i'm using an horus with masscore and i would like to be able to use a secondary audio device to be able to plug my talkback microphone and to hear my monitor mix.
I've tried with an m-audio profire 610, no success at all.... it was better with the internal sound card of the computer but still i can hear many not good things...
It would be nice to do a list of sound card which are 100% compatible as a secondary audio device!

All the best

Little tribeca

Re: Secondary audio device

Postby Little tribeca » Mon Mar 24, 2014 18:07

?

nobody tried?

DJS

Postby DJS » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:19

Yes. I have had mixed success but with Native and ASIO and a USBPre2. Doesn't seem reliable for click free audio. I think the problem with the USBPre2 is that when the last sample rate set on the USBPre2 is different to the active PMX project rate, the change sample rate message doesn't get through to the USBPre2. You have to cycle through Windows audio as the selected device, then back to ASIO. But even then it didn't guarantee the sample rate change would stick. Micro clicks remained. Latency way too long with Windows Audio or DirectX devices selected.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia

johndsadams

Postby johndsadams » Tue Oct 14, 2014 15:55

I just started experimenting with setting up a secondary audio device... With mixed results. At first I tried my Fireface 800. When using the ASIO driver, the audio is total crap. If I set to wind on audio and use the onboard sound card (Realtek) on my MBP, it seems to work but indeed the latency is very long. I also find that if I do any CPU intensive zooming on the timeline, the secondary audio device seems to loose sync and starts to click.

If really like to figure out how to make this reliably. Is it possible that Merging implemented a feature that doesn't really work?

-John
John D.S. Adams
Stonehouse Sound
http://www.stonehousesound.com

Graemme

Postby Graemme » Fri Oct 24, 2014 06:59

John,

Are you using MassCore and adding a secondary audio device (ASIO) or are you using Native and trying to add a Secondary device?

...Was designed for the former situation.
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"

johndsadams

Postby johndsadams » Thu Apr 23, 2015 17:55

Hi Graemme,
I'm using Native and engaging the Secondary Audio Device, So does that make me SOL in terms of using this feature with my HORUS?
I'm now looking at DOT units which are Ravenna compatible and have the ability to do talkback monitoring and all that jazz... but after unloading significant $$$ for the HORUS another $2k is hard to part with!
-John
John D.S. Adams
Stonehouse Sound
http://www.stonehousesound.com